Chapter 6- Chocolate Waffles and Paige

Edited 05-06-2020.

________

Chapter 6-

"Okay, No. Harry Potter is way better than Star Trek!" I argued while speaking into my phone.

Trent laughed "Heck no. Harry Potter is lame!"

"Okay, its official. No second date!" I teased.

He gasped in mock horror "I love Harry Potter!" We both laughed and I rolled over on my bed to hug my extra pillow.

"Fine, I guess we can go. When will it be anyway?" I asked. It had been a week since our first date and we had talked on the phone a few times, but no second date yet.

"It would have been sooner, but people keep calling in sick. This weekend?"

"Sure, sounds good." I smiled.

He chuckled "Okay, I'll see you Saturday, I should get back inside. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, night."

"Night"

And we both hung up.

Talking to Trent was more fun than I thought it would be. The first time he had called we had ended up talking for an hour. The second time it was an hour and a half. Tonight was almost 2 hours, we had talked while he was getting ready for work, driving, at the bar and during his break. I am not sure how he managed that, but he did. He usually called after Paige fell asleep so he wouldn't interrupt our family time, which was oddly sweet. Id realized that his image did but also didn't really fit with his personality.

Trent was...nice, and sometimes sweet and kind of considerate, but he could also be serious and a little badass. I laughed to myself and pulled the covers up over me. Maybe this dating thing wouldn't be so hard.

With that thought, I fell asleep.

----------

I woke up to my alarm chirping noisily and sunlight streaming through my blinds. I slammed my hand down on the off button and rolled over. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and grabbed a towel to take a shower. Paige wasn't jumping on my bed so she must still be asleep. I turned the water on and jumped in so that the cold water could wake me up. It soon turned warm and I quickly finished my shampooing and washing. I turned the water off and stepped out, grabbing the towel to dry myself off. I wrapped it around my waist after drying off and walked down the hall to Paige's room. I opened her door and peeked in, still sleeping. She really was adorable while sleeping.

"Paige! Time to get up!"

She rolled over but did not get up. Most mornings she was hyper and ready to go, but there were some mornings where she refused to get up and join the world.

"Paiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggeeeeeeee. Honey, time to get up."

"No thank you." She replied and I laughed at her.

"I made chocolate chip waffles!"

She jolted up "Really?"

"No, but please get up, I'll make them in a few. But only if you're ready when I get to the kitchen."

She jumped out of bed and ran to her closet. I chuckled and turned around to go back to my room and get dressed. Chocolate always worked with Paige. I grabbed my slacks and button down and got dressed after brushing my teeth and doing my hair. I was a tiny bit scruffy but nothing bad. I grabbed my wallet and keys and took them to the kitchen. Paige was sitting at the table impatiently, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Daddy! You take forever." she grumbled.

I smiled and shook my head, impatient child. I reached into the freezer and grabbed the box of Chocolate Chip Waffles. I was not exactly the best cook, but Paige didn't mind as long as there was chocolate involved. I could make some stuff, and I usually cooked for dinner, but breakfast food was not my forte. I popped them into the toaster and grabbed a plate out of the cabinet. I grabbed a glass and poured milk into it. The waffles popped up a minute later and I carried the glass and plate to the table.