Chapter 19- Trents Point of View.

Edited 05-08-2020.

Chapter 19-

I walked through the grass slowly watching as I got closer to my destination. The marble slabs gleamed in the sun and made me swallow with emotion.

I finally got close enough and I stopped. Just staring, not knowing how to feel. Knowing that I felt sadness, anger, disbelief all at once and to varying degrees.

How had my brother turned into that person? Why was he so determined to die? Why was it so easy for him to erase our lives just like that?
It was obvious that he'd suffered a mental break after losing his girls, and I still wished so desperately that so many thing could have been different.
I was sad that I had finally found him, only to lose him. To lose Casey as well. Angry that he was such a coward, disbelief that I couldn't help him in the end. Angry that I hadn't known so much about my own family.

I leaned down and set the bouquet of yellow roses next to their plots. They say yellow roses are the promise of a new beginning. I hope they can finally be at peace. That I can be as well. It had taken me 6 months to finally come here, but now maybe I could start moving forward.

I stood there for another minute, and slowly turned around.

I walked for a bit and when I looked up I smiled at the sight before me.

Erik stood there holding Paige's hand while the wind swept her hair to the side.

She grinned when she saw me and let go of Erik's hand to run to me. I caught her midair and laughed when she giggled.

I finally reached Erik and let my lips caress his for a minute before I pulled back. I loved this man, and this little girl.

These past months had showed us just how important love could be.

When Erik and I had woken up in the hospital his first thought had been Paige, who had luckily been found by Elise. Elise had apparently been trying to call for a few hours and had decided to go to his house, luckily, and that's when she found Paige crying. They had gone straight to the hospital after Erik called and he had spent at least a few hours calming Paige down.
We had then had to tell Elise the whole story, and her grief had almost swallowed us all whole. Erik cried with her, as he held her. He'd mourned with her, and they'd spent the whole night whispering to each other as I watched over Owen and Paige.
Elise later told us that she'd known Grants sister very little, but that she had always been the black sheep of the family. Always taking risks, doing drugs, had a mean streak- but she'd had no clue that she was a killer or that Grant had been sucked in because of her.

We had been able to go home about 3 days later. Elise had spent many nights with us these last few months.

Erik and I hadn't wanted to be apart for long either, so I've been unofficially living with Erik for the few months. Although I had a feeling it wouldn't be unofficial for long, I thought, with a grin as I looked at him.

He smiled back and gave me a confused look. I just chuckled and continued walking to the car. There had been much pain these last few months, and anger. But I had Erik.

And all I know for sure is that I don't want to lose him, and couldn't wait to see what life had in store for us.