Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

"What the hell do you mean she's related to him?" I demanded after I pulled on a pair of sweatpants over my bare legs and slipped on a pair of tennis shoes.

We walked briskly side by side from the room and down the hall to the first staircase, taking them two at a time.

"I don't know, Ken. That's what she said. All I know about her is that she's a witch. She didn't use magic on anyone; I could just sense it. She's powerful too."

"God, she's a witch?" I asked incredulously. "The last thing we need right now is an attack from a witch. She could be killing our people right now. Take us out from the inside out." I kneaded my forehead and temples roughly, trying to ward away the quickly forming headache.

"Not possible. I made her wear one of the rings I created to bind magic. Like the one Kieran gave you. I thought they might come in handy one day. She can't use her magic right now."

I shook my head in exhaustion. "I'm sorry, Kat. I know I'm being a bitch. I'm just..."

"Overwhelmed. I get it. You have the entire werewolf kingdom riding on your shoulders. Don't worry; I'm not that sensitive."

"Thanks for being so understanding. And for always being someone I can trust. No matter what happens, you're always there to help me. I love you for that."

"I love you too. I'm here for you whenever you need me." She gave me a supportive smile.

I nodded in appreciation and we walked in silence after that all the way down to the garage. Selena was already waiting in one of the SUV's. I jumped in the front while Kat got in the back seat.

"So how old was this bitch?" Selena questioned after she reversed from the garage and headed toward the prison.

"Not too old. Our age maybe? No older than twenty-five." Kat replied from the back.

"Well, if you ask my opinion, I think we should kill her first and ask questions later. Finn doesn't exactly have the best track record with family."

I just rolled my eyes, not even glancing in her direction. "We're not doing anything until we have all the information we need." I murmured, staring out the window and resting my head on the cool glass.

It was actually a pretty nice night, all things considered. Winter had been in full effect for months, but it was a little warmer than normal. The air was crisp and cool, a freshness lingering that hadn't been there before. It was the kind of night that was perfect for a night run. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for myself these days. Being the Queen without her King was a full time job. I never fully understood what all Finnian had to do and how he made time for me as well. To add to the workload, we also had to somehow find him; a needle in a world full of haystacks. And it was a big world.

"Where was she found anyway?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

"At the south guard tower. She wasn't confrontational at all. She just surrendered herself and said she needed to speak to the Queen. She's done everything everyone has told her to do." Kat told me. Selena didn't seem to know much about what was going on.

I hummed in response just as Selena pulled into the parking lot in front of the prison. It wasn't actually a real parking lot; just a makeshift patch of dirt at the end of the dirt road. Half of the roads in the royal territory were just dirt roads surrounded by forest.

As she pulled into park, I threw open my door and slammed it behind me after I jumped out. I marched up to the building, using my code to get into the front door. A couple of guards were standing around in the front lobby. They bowed respectfully to me, which I acknowledged with a nod of my head on my way to the elevator. I typed in the second code and let it scan my hand before I stepped in with Kat and Selena.