The New Kid

Mae's POV

"Mae, get down here right now!" 

That was the first thing that Mae Borowski heard on the first day of school, junior year. Mae glanced at her old clock. In bright red letters, it read 5:30 am. She rolled over onto her other side groaning. "Why in the actual fuck does school have to start so damn early?" Mae thought out loud. She sat up, hitting her head on the wooden slanted ceiling. 

"Fucking ceiling" she grumbled, climbing out of bed with a bump on her head and a headache. She could already tell that today was going to be an awesome day." She clattered down the two flights of stairs and through her living room to her kitchen, where her mother was sitting at the table, reading some 1920s British mystery or another. Upon Mae's entrance into the kitchen, she looked up from her book. "Hi, sweetie," She said. "Are you ready for the first day of school?"

"No," Mae grumbled, sitting down at the table, and picking up a slice of bread. 

"Did you sleep well?" 

"No." She had a weird dream about some... weird bird or something. She had forgotten it. But whatever it was, it was freaky. 

"Well, aren't you excited to see Gregg and Bea again?"

That was true. Gregg had been at his uncles' for the summer, and Bea was working a lot, so she was busy. 

"Well, Mae, you better get going." her mother said, glancing at her watch. "You don't wanna be late." 

 Mae grabbed her dark purple backpack, and a few notebooks and walked to the front door. "Bye mom," she said, walking out the door.

"Bye sweetie." 

Casey's POV

Possum Springs. Not exactly the ideal location, but hey, it's a new town. A second chance at life, ya know? A new dawn, a new beginning. It was exciting, to be honest.

But he was still allowed to be nervous. He knew that he wasn't allowed to screw this up. Three strikes and you're out, and this was his last strike. The police said one more time being expelled, and it was jail for him. Casey wanted to stay out of jail at all costs, so he really wanted to make this work. 

He walked up to the entrance of the high school and checked his schedule.

Period one: Mr. Walker, History, Room 12. He glanced at the clock outside the school. 5:57am. Oh shit, he was going to be late! He had learned from experience that being late on your first day is not a good first impression. He ran through the entrance and scanned the hall for signs pointing towards room 12. Rooms 10-14, right hallway. He dashed down the right hallway and ran straight into a kid.

They toppled down on top of each other. 

Casey got up first, before helping the other kid up. "Oh my god," Casey yelled, embarrassed. The kid brushed himself off, and Casey got a good look at him. He was a fox, with really bright yellow fur. He was wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, and leather boots. The kid snickered. "It's fine." He said, collecting his books from the floor. 

Then he stood up and looked at Casey. Well, it was more of an examination. The kid looked at Casey's arms, bruised and scratched from... an accident. Then he looked at Casey's clothes, which looked like he had been wearing them since he was 12. Finally, he looked back at Casey and asked, "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you before." 

"Yeah," He replied, startled. "How'd you know?"

The kid chuckled again. "When there are only 200 kids in a high school, you notice when a new kid arrives. I'm Gregg." The kid, apparently named Gregg, stuck out his hand. Casey shook it. 

"Hey," Gregg continued. "Do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch today?" 

"Uh.. s-sure!" Casey replied, both excited and confused. Usually, kids didn't want to be near him. 

"Great!" Gregg squealed, starting to run down the hall towards his class. "See ya at lunch!"

"Okay!" Casey yelled after him. Finally, with a tingly feeling, he went off to his first class

(A/N: Yee a book. I'm gonna try to post twice a week, so get ready for new chapters coming soon. Also, the gang wear different clothes than in the game, so please don't spam me that Gregg's clothes are incorrect. See ya on Monday mah dudes!!)

Word Count: 746