0.2

Courtney's POV:

I was deep in conversation with the new girl in town, Veronica Lodge. We chattered away as we walked into Pops' Diner.

Walking straight up to Pops, I gave him a hug as he smiled. "Hey Pops! Long time no see."

"Courtney! Welcome back." Pops said.

"Thanks. This is my friend Veronica." I introduced.

"Hi," Veronica said, smiling. "I called in an order for Lodge."

"Two burgers, yeah almost ready, but you gotta wait. Good to see you again Courtney." Pops said as he walked away.

"How are the onion rings here?" Veronica asked.

"Mouthwatering," I chuckled.

"Can we get some onion rings too?" Veronica called out to Pops.

"Yeah," he replied.

I turned around, flipping my long, silky brown hair over my shoulder. My eyes widened as I began to grin like the Cheshire Cat.

"Courtney?" Archie asked, smiling.

"Archkins!" I exclaimed as he stood up quickly, wrapping his arms around my torso as he pulled me in for a hug.

"I missed you. How have you been?" Archie asked as he pulled away smiling.

"Great. I thought I'd come back and stay with my brother. Southside... it's just too boring for me." I stated.

Archie chuckled. "Opinionated as always." I nudged him playfully.

"Rude!" I chuckled. "I'm just very modest. Ooh this is Veronica... Ronnie this is Archie." I introduced.

"Hey," Archie greeted.

"Hi," Veronica said, smiling.

"Her and her mom just moved here from New York. How cool is that?" I stated.

"Wow." Archie said, with surprise in his face.

I looked to see the one and only Betty Cooper sitting in the booth.
"Hey Betty!" I said. She smiled.

"Hey," she said forcing a smile.

"Do you guys go to Riverdale?" Veronica asked.

"We do. Both of us. Together. We're sophomores." Betty said quickly.

"Me too. I'm filled with dread." Veronica chuckled.

"Why is that?" Archie asked.

"Are you familiar with the works of Truman Capote?" Archie nodded.

"I'm Breakfast at Tiffany's, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood." She said as she let out a laugh along with Archie. Betty coughed to make presence known once again.

"Uh, this is Betty Cooper." Archie introduced, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Betty nodded.

"Wait, are you..." Veronica trailed off, her perfectly manicured nails pointed at Betty.

"Supposed to give you your tour tomorrow?" Betty said awkwardly. "Yes. I'm your peer mentor."

"Do you guys want to join us?" Archie asked. "Hey, maybe we can un-fill you with dread."

"My mom's waiting for me. But, to be continued." Veronica said shooting him a smile as she took the bag of food off Pop's and smiled at him. "Bye Courtney."

"Yeah. What were you saying?" I asked, my attention through most of the conversation being solely focused on Archie. He had certainly grown since the last time I had seen him. He has muscles and had define grown into his looks.

"I have to go. I'll see you." Veronica repeated, chuckling.

"Oh. Bye," I said smiling at her.

I turned back to Archie and gave him a smile.

"You want to join us?" He asked, gesturing to the table where Betty sat.

"Uh... no. I'm sorry for interrupting you guys. I just came to search for my little brother." I sighed. "He's harder to find than emotions."

"You always were good at hiding emotions." Archie chuckled.

"Still am." I let out a laugh. "To this day, dad still can't find that watch."

"And he never will. If I recall you sold it to a pawn shop and bought me, you and juggy matching friendship bracelets." Archie said.

"I still have mine. I think I'm the only one to be honest." I sighed.

"I still have mine too and so does juggy. If you find him, check his left wrist and you'll find it." He said.

"Courtney?"

I spun around quickly, my face void of emotion. There he stood. One of the reasons I came back to Riverdale.

"Juggy..."

___________________________
In the next chapter should I skip to tomorrow in the book or should I continue from this part?
💓
Quadruple Update!!

Update 1/4

— Sofia xx