1.0

Betty, Archie and Veronica walked in with their arms linked. Pop music played in the background.

"Well, it's not the Met Ball." Veronica said.

"Hey. When do you have to let Coach Clayton know about football?" Betty asked Archie.

"This weekend." Archie answered, his wondering for Courtney.

"Guys, can't we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock/artist? Can't we, in this post James Franco world, be all things at once?" Veronica stated.

"I've been working on it, Veronica." Archie said.

"Work faster. I'm getting punch." Veronica announced, whispering the last part to Betty before departing. "You got this."

"It's about following your heart, right? What does your heart say? Music or football?" Betty asked Archie.

At that moment Courtney walked in, looking incredibly stunning. In that moment the only thing that registered through Archie's mind was her.

Courtney's silky, long brown hair cascaded down to her waist, flowing as she moved her head to the side in search of someone.

She wore a beautiful, ruby red dress that reached mid thigh. The dress was strapless one side, making the dress more edgy and bringing out Courtney's personality.

"Betty, will you give me one minute? And I promise, when I get back, I'll be a much better date, okay?" Archie said as Betty nodded.

Archie quickly jogged his way over out to entrance, wanting to speak to her before Reggie arrived.

"Courtney," Archie greeted, alerting to him. She had to admit that he looked quite handsome in his suit.

"Archiekins, your looking really handsome tonight." Courtney complimented, making him blush.

"You- yo- wow." He felt speechless, as she looked even more beautiful up close. "I'm speechless. You look amazing, CJ."

She smiled, finding herself blushing from his compliment. She playfully swatted his arm.

"Please stop." She laughed, feeling highly embarrassed.

"Come on- we can go get some p-" Before he could finish another voice interrupted.

"Courtney, you look beautiful as always." Reggie complimented. "I'm sorry for running late, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

"It's fine." Courtney smiled at him.

"Would you like to dance?" Reggie asked, holding out his hand.

"It would be rude to say no." She chuckled, placing her hand in his. "I'll talk later Archie. Have fun with Betty and Veronica though."

"Have fun..." Archie repeated as he watched her and Reggie walk onto the dance floor.

After a few more seconds, Miss Grundy came into view. Archie made his way over wanting to speak to her.

~~~

"Courtney," Cheryl greeted her with a smile. "After party at mine. Are you in? Reggie?"