0.7

The assembly hall was now full and everyone had practically just been forced to hold a moment of silence for Jason Blossom, curtesy of Courtney's old best friend; Cheryl Blossom.

Cheryl was stood on a podium in the assembly hall while everyone else sat on the benches, including the teachers.

"Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally. Each and every one of you meant the world to Jason. I loved my brother. He was and always will be my soulmate. So I speak with the confidence only a twin could have... Jason wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning. Jason would want us to move on with our lives." Cheryl announced.

Courtney looked beside her to see Betty with tears in her eyes and Veronica on the other side who was also staring at her.

Veronica then looked over at Courtney and frowned only for Courtney to reply with a shrug, both of them more than confused as to why Betty was crying.

"Which is why I've asked the School Board not to cancel the Back-to-School semiformal." She revealed, as everyone cheered that the celebrations were still back on, some clapped and others whistled.

"But rather, to let us use it as a way to heal, collectively, and celebrate my brother's too, too short life on this mortal coil. Thank you all." Cheryl finished, stepping down off the podium.

Courtney glanced over at Archie, who was looking down at one of the teachers. The teacher he was looking out was a fairly attractive woman however she was old enough to be his mother.

Clearly Reggie was right about Archie 'tapping some cougar ass'. The woman was staring back up at him, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

Archie looked incredibly uncomfortable as he thought back to the time he and Ms Grundy did the dirty deed.

Ms Grundy finally noticed the second pair of eyes on her. She glanced up at Courtney, who held a look of disgust, and looked back to the front, clapping along with everyone else.

Finally the assembly had ended and Archie rushed out after Ms Grundy and Courtney left Veronica, Betty and Kevin telling them she would meet them outside at lunch, and rushed off after Archie and Ms Grundy, eager to find out their dirty little secret.

"Ms Grundy! Ms Grundy!" Archie called out after her as she continued to walk away, trying to ignore him as best as she could. "Geraldine!"

Courtney quickly stopped at that and hid round the corner, listening in to their conversation. The stairway was now empty so it was only the three of them alone.

Archie grabbed Ms Grundy's hand, making her stop and turn around to face him.

"What can I do for you Mr Andrews?" She asked, trying to keep up her professional facade, pulling her hand away.

"Can we talk, Ms Grundy, please?" Archie asked.

"It depends, about what?" Ms Grundy, truly not knowing if this was about their little rendezvous or something else.

"Music. You're the music teacher, can we talk about music?" Archie said frowning.

"Of course. Make an appointment. During my office hours, my official office hours." She said. She then inhaled deeply, shooting him a half smile before walking away.

Archie opened his mouth to say something to her but decided against and began to walk off only for Courtney to appear in front of him.

She placed her firmly on his chest, his rock hard abs bulging through the top making her slightly blush. Archie also blushed at the fact her hand was on his chest.

"I guess Reggie was right, you did tap some cougar ass." Courtney said, shaking off her blush and sending him a look of disappointment.

"You were eavesdropping earlier on? Is someone jealous?" Archie asked, his heart racing at the thought.

Archie had been crushing on Courtney since he was 12, as she left they had faded away; or so he had thought. Ever since she came back, Archie felt himself slowly falling for her charms once again.

"Of dear Archibald and his sex love? No thank you." Courtney denied, giving him a small fake smile. "Now stop trying to change the subject and come clean to me."

"I'm not changing the subject," he denied, his feelings slightly hurt by her comment.

"And there you go again. Avoiding it. Archie you can trust me. You've known me since you were little." She said, sending him a reassuring look.

Archie knew he could trust her but he didn't feel comfortable. Things had changed since she left and he wanted her to know that.

"I could trust you." He stated, a look of anger and hurt on his face making her frown. "Things have changed since you left. Everyone has changed, including you. You left to become a serpent for god know why! Why would you even want to become a serpent? They're thugs."

"Archie I can't explain-" her eyes widened as he interrupted her.

"No Courtney. It's none of your business. You keep out of mine and I'll keep out of yours." Archie scolded, turning and walking away.

She stood their with a look of hurt but covered it up quickly as she turned around, heading to Betty, Kevin and Veronica.

As Archie reached the end of the corridor, he turned around to find that she was gone. He felt guilty but he didn't like how she could come back and take over his feelings.

He didn't like how much power she had over him. However he never liked how she wouldn't trust him with why she became a serpent.

Many thoughts ran through his head as he made his way out of the corridor, no longer wanting to stay. He pushed his thoughts away and with it Courtney.

___________________________
— Sofia xx