#TWO

Finally the last bell of the day rang and we got out of school, we could have took a bus to get to my house but we walked instead, about 20 minutes later we arrived and I opened the door, thank god nobody was home so we headed to my bedroom wich is at the second floor, Marina looked around smiling while I sat on my bed looking at her, "Wow your room is beautiful, have you read all theese books?" She said standing in front of my library, "No just half of them, but theese are mostly poetry books, I find them inspiring." Then she pointed my favourite book and laughed, I am confused, "W-Why are you laughing?" She takes it and says:"This is my favourite book and I am shocked beacuse it doesn't belong between all theese poetry and biographys." Oh.My.God. "So lolita is your favourite book too? Everyone I showed it to thought that I was a weirdo or a pervert but it means a lot to me." She was looking at the book in her hand and smiling then she said. "Okay then, since we both read this book why don't we exchange our copies and write our opinions on echothers book while we read it?" Oh.My.God. part 2 "this is a fantastic idea I can't wait to re read Lolita with your annotations!" We both started lughing "Okay so I'll take you my copy tomorrow at school" I can't believe I finally found someone like me. Then I remembered we didn't had lunch so I asked her: "Do you wanna eat something?" Her face lit up:"Yes I am starving I totally forgot we didn't eat" we go downstairs in the kitchen where I somehow manage to make two sandwiches, we eat in silence and then we go to the living room where Marina notices the piano in a corner of the room: "Is it yours?" She asks while watching it "No it was already in the house when we moved in, Why do you play the piano?" She finally turns to me "I am still learning but yes I can play it" she looked like a kid in a toy store she was so cute "Then what are you waiting for? Play something for me pleeeaase" I say doing a puppy face, she laughs and starts playing a song that I had never heard, it was beautiful, my ears were blessed, and then she sarted to sing, And I almost started crying if her talking voice was beautiful then her singing voice was like a warm hug in a winter night I just stood there amazed as she finished the song "Oh I need a friend but I can't yell..." This line really touched me "I get dark only to shine... I feel numb most of the time" I wondered if she wrote this, when she finished I started clapping hard that my hands hurted, she blushed and smiled "So you liked it?" She asked quietly "It was the most beautiful thing i have ever heard, Did you wrote the song and the music?" She smiled and nodded, "I wrote it this summer, when I wasn't feeling very happy and I was alone." She must have a really deep connection with the song. "I understand you trust me I always have that "summetime sadness" so I call it, but now you have me we are friends so whenever the Summertime Sadness comes to you I will kick her ass." She started laughing so hard so did I, "Now I better go Lizzy, thank you for everything, I'll take you my copy of Lolita tomorrow" she winks at me as I close the front door. I go to my room take my writing journal and go sit near the window, I can't believe that today actually happened, this morning I was so scared and now I am happy and I haven't felt like this in ages, Could it be that I have finally find a reason to go on with my life? I may seem tragic but I have been struggling a lot lately to find reasons to wake up in the morning, most of the time I did it for my sister, MY SISTER, she must be home now so I go to her room and knock three times at the door, she opens me and pull me quickly inside, she noticed my big smile, "Oh my God Lizzy you are smiling! What happened today?" So I tell her everything that happened today and I tell her about Marina and that she writes songs too but I don't tell her that she sang for me, I wanna keep that moment for myself, she smiles as I go on telling her about Marina then when I finish she says:"Wow Lizzy I haven't seen you so happy in ages I'm glad that you have found what seems to be an amazing friend." She is so cute I love her so much "Thank you Chuck I love you so much" she hugs me so tightly that she almost brakes my ribs but hey a hug's hug. At dinner my little brother tells us about his first day of elementary school and Chuck tells us about her new photography teacher, I don't tell them about Marina because they will ruin everything asking me about her family and grades and shit I just wanna go to bed and sleep so that the time until I see her again will pass faster. But of course I can't sleep so I continue writing a song I called it "Born to die". I started writing it this summer when I was really depressed and totally alone, I hope to never feel that way again, I just want to be happy and live like everyone of my age, but it seems that I was born in the wrong era, my soul belongs to the sixties, to the rock n'roll and the hippoes and the flower crowns. But here I am lonley and depressed writing songs in the middle of the night, that's what it is, I was Born to Die.