#FOUR

At the end of the lesson Mr. Andrews gave us an assignment: choose a partner, write a song together and perform it. He left us free space, no limits, we could write about whatever we wanted to, cool right? Of course as soon as he said "Choose a Partner" me and Marina looked at eachother and smiled. The only part that I don't like is that we'll have to perform the song in front of the entire school, not just the music class, but the entire fucking school; thank God Marina will be with me so I hope that I won't have a panick attack.
After the last bell rang I met Marina at our lockers and then we went to my house to start writing the song, she was very quiet during the walk, so I decided to break the silence: "Are you hungry?" She gasped a little like she forgot I was there, "Oh sorry, yeah I was just, ehm... thinking" she seemed a bit sad, "Are you okay M?" She smiled, but I knew it wasn't real, I had to fake so many smiles I lost count, "Yeah it's just- I'm fine really."
Then silence fell again until we arrived at my place, no one was home yet so we could have been working in peace; I immediatly headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge, well it wasn't empty but I had no clue on how to cook half of what was in there so I asked Marina: "Hey M would you like pasta or?" She was watching the birds out of the window, I reached for her and put my hand on her shoulder, "Marina, look at me, what's wrong?" She took a deep breath and started talking, "It's just that I don't know why everyone hates me. Am I really this horrible Lizzy?" I wiped a tear off her cheek and hugged her: "Marina, I have only known you for two days, and I can totally say that you are, without a shade of doubt, the most amazing person I've ever met." With her head on my shoulder and her arms still wrapped around my waist she wispered: "Then why is everyone always mean to me?" Those words broke my heart, they touched me on a personal level because at my old school everyone was mean to me too, and I didn't had no one who stood up for me or actually cared about me, "I can promise you this M, until we are friends no one is ever gonna be mean to you again... or I'll punch them in the face." She started laughing, that sound filled my heart with joy, "Thank you Lizzy, I couldn't wish for a better friend than you, and also thank you for what you did today with... ehm with Ashley." So the bitch is called Ashley, "Well I had never punched no one and my hand actually hurts a bit, but for you this and more. Also they're just idle teens and bottle blondes and we are "Freaks" so we are wayyy more intersting than them." She started laughing and so did I, seeing her happy again made me happy, it's strange since I've only knew her for two days, but I really felt a deep connection with her, and I think she feels the same.
"Hey M are you hungry now?"
She stopped laughing and wioed a tear off her cheek, it was a tear of joy.
"Yeah, I'm starving what do you have?"
Shit, what do I have?
"Oh I don't know, let's see if we can cook something, actually I can't cook anything, apart from pancakes but-"
"Pancakes yes they're great!" She cut me off and I couldn't help but laugh, she lookes like a little girl in a candy shop. "Then Pancakes it is."
After we almost burned the whole house, our pancakes were ready so we sat down and started eating, then Marina had The Idea: "I was thinking about what you said before, about the Mean Girls, that they're Idle Teens, so I though well we could, like, if you want to of course, write our song about them, I think it'll be funny to see their faces when we perform it.
What do you think?" I really like it :"Marina you're a genius, this will be funny to write, let's get started. Also you can play the piano." She nodded and we finished our pancakes. Then we went to my room and we both took our writing journals, and started writing down some ideas, :"I think we shuold write it being sarcastic, let's think of what they are and what We are, our differences and our similarities and what they think about us." She said, "Yeah let's make a list and then start writing the actual song, first they are bottle blondes, and we are freaks, they are fakes, Real fakes, and again we are freaks, they are skinny as fuck, I mean has Ashley ever ate something?!" Marina laughed "She probably pukes everything she eats, also she obsessed with being queen, school queen, prom queen... And we're just freaks. But what do real freaks actually do?" I'm confused
"What do you mean?"
"When you think of a "Freak" what's the first thing that comes to your mind?"
"I don't know, someone creepy, like a satanist? That burns up a bible in a cemeteryin the middle of the night."
Marina seems shocked.
"Well, that was accurate. Ok so now we can start writing the first verse, I thought it could start with a "wish" they think they are jelous of what they are, so let's explain what we're "jealous" of." I understood the idea, Marina is a genius, she really is. "Ok, what about: 'I wanna be a bottle blonde, I don't know how but I feel conned, I wanna be an Idle Teen, I wish I hadn't been so clean'. Because I am sure they take drugs." Marina was writing down what I said and some chords. "Ok also they think we are depressed because we can't be like them, that we are obsessed with them and wanna kill ourselves since they don't want to us in their group. Or at least that's what Ashely thinks of me since she told me last year. So I thought we could write: 'I wanna stay inside all day, I want the world to go away' and then something creepy like 'I want blood, guts and chocolate cake, I wanna be a real fake.' is it okay for you?" Marina had some real talent in writing lyrics. "It's perfect, now let's move on to the chorus, what about: 'yeah I wish I'd been, I wish I'd been a Teen, Teen Idle, Wish I'd been a prom queen fighting for the title-"
"Instead of being sixteen and burning up a bible, feeling super, super, super suicidal." She finished the chorus and in this moment I really felt like someone actually understood me.
"I love working with you Marina."
"And I love working with you Elizabeth." We both smiled and then I got a text, it was from my mom and she said that her and dad would have stayed away for the weekend and they broughy Charlie with them. So I had the house all for myself, Chuck will probably stay at her boyfriends house. "Hey M, my parents are away this weekend and I have the house for myself sooo do you wanna have a pajamas party?" She smiled "Yeah it will be so much fun! We can finish write the song and I'll bring the vodka." I started laughing so hard, "We're gonna have so much fun!" I was thrilled at the idea of getting drunk with Marina, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?