Ksimon - Missing

(A/N) height differences=mad

It has been a long day. No, JJ corrects himself, it has been a long week. He has had maybe eight hours of sleep in six days and he is pretty sure his eye bags are so far gone they could probably house a family or two, and his hair is verging on flat-out greasy. It's pretty gross.

Simon's been in LA for the past two weeks, which means that JJ's only personified form of self-control is missing, which leaves him without a solution to his nigh-owl life and coffee-fueled days. It's sort of a miracle he hasn't driven off a ditch or something, to be honest. In fact, JJ is so tired, he has copy and pasted the same exact clip six times in a row but there is no way he is going to bed, not when he has two more videos to edit and a vlog to film.

It's currently three in the morning, and JJ does not remember the last time he has slept. His phone has been buzzing for what seems like hours despite the fact that he isn't exactly the 'popular one' in his circle of friends. He's stressed to the max but he's honestly too tired to blow of steam by screaming or throwing a fit or whatever.

JJ misses Simon.

It's hard to admit, but it's true.

Simon is energetic and he's nice and he's never too serious unless the situation calls for it and he always knows how to calm JJ down and he's just... JJ's best friend. Jide knows that he probably isn't Simon's best friend (after all, Simon has Josh), but JJ can't think of anyone else who he can rely so fully on.

The streets of London aren't quiet, by any means, and all of the lights are on, but JJ's is starting to feel his eyes droop. Before he knows it, he has collapsed atop his computer keyboard, utterly dead to the world.

---

Simon is deadbeat tired. It has been what feels like the longest flight, and he has never been so glad to get home. It's seven in the morning, so he doesn't expect JJ to be up. But he also doesn't expect JJ's door to be wide open, the lights turned on (seriously, what a waste of electricity), face-down on his keyboard. JJ looks disheveled. He's wearing one of Simon's shirts (they always get mixed up in the wash and it's a wonder how JJ never seems to notice that all of a sudden Simon's shirt falls off his shoulders and droops down his thighs).

"Jide?" Simon calls, quiet, like JJ's awake and just happens to have his face mashed against the keyboard because yes, that is what sane people do. JJ doesn't answer, obviously, except for a quiet snuffling noise that Simon finds inappropriately adorable.

Before Simon can flip his internal switch and enter into an existential crisis revolving around the main idea of 'am I gay or do I just have gay feelings for JJ?' he slaps himself on the cheek and rubs his eyes. Because yes, while JJ is really cute and Simon would love to continue gawking creepily at his sleeping housemate, he is tired as fuck and he really needs some sleep before he starts seeing double. And so he drops his bags by the door and lumbers to his bedroom and collapses onto his bed without even taking off his shoes. (Wow, hygienic much, Si?)

--

At around maybe eight in the morning, JJ blinks awake. He feels even worse than when he had fallen asleep. You know that feeling when you go to have a nap and wake up even more tired like your internal clock's been forced out of whack and you just haven't had enough sleep yet you've passed the 'power nap' limit? That sort of feeling is what JJ is currently feeling.

So, it is in this drowsy state that he stumbles to his feet, stubs his toe on his desk, mumbling a 'ow, fuck', before he stumbles into the bathroom to take a piss. After washing his hands and nearly poking himself in the eye with a shelf in the process of leaving the bathroom; he trips over his feet with narrowed eyes towards what is probably his own bedroom.

Except it isn't and JJ is sort of a ridiculously tired dumbass who doesn't even notice that this is definitely not his room when he falls onto Simon's bed.

It feels nice, JJ thinks to himself. It's warmer than he remembers and wow, he doesn't remember buying a body pillow. He tucks his chin in the crook of Simon's neck, and breathes in deep. Now, you must forgive JJ for this deed of sniffing his roommate's neck and put it down as a result of his complete and utter lack of energy and cognitive function. His eyes slide shut.

---

Simon wakes up with someone's knobby knees digging into his thighs, one leg having muscled its way between them, and the feeling of JJ's quiet breathing huffing steadily against the back of his neck. It probably should feel moist and gross but to Simon, it's rather relaxing and a feeling he likes a lot.

Maybe too much, oh.

Oh, as in, if JJ's knee moved up just a bit things could become very messy. Oh, as in, fuck. Oh, as in, why today, of all days, did Simon have to be hard? Also, why the fuck was JJ in his bed? Simon carefully attempts to turn around so that maybe he can make sure that it's JJ (although he isn't quite sure who else it could be, given that they are alone in the house this week)—but JJ's grip in Simon's shirt tightens and he lets out a quiet, indignant grumble that almost makes Simon giggle but doesn't because the situation as a whole is beyond inappropriate.

After what feels like hours but is probably minutes, Simon manages to turn around. He finds JJ, eyes shut, long lashes pillowed on his cheeks, mouth pursed into something akin to a pout (so, so cute), and his hair flops across his forehead. Simon's breath catches in his throat when JJ lets out a pleased sort of sound and buries his face further into Simon's chest, where Simon has no choice but to wrap his arms around JJ. (Yes, no choice, no choice at all because psh, what're you talking about, this situation totally isn't what Simon has thought about happening on and off for years).

It's nice, Simon decides firmly. It's nice and he thinks that this should happen more often. JJ is big (at least compared to Simon), and it's good to have something to hold onto when he wants to sleep.

"Cuddle buddy," Simon whispers, very quietly, to a still-asleep JJ, like that isn't creepy at all, and decides that yes, this is an occurrence that should happen every night. Simon decides—without J—that he is going to drag JJ into his bed and just cuddle him because that is a great idea.

---

When JJ wakes up, he is well-rested and still wrapped up in Simon's arms. To be honest, he isn't even surprised anymore, not after all of the, well, shenanigans, they've gotten up to in all their years of being friends. 

Needless to say, he doesn't argue (much) when Simon insists upon sharing a bed with him from that day onwards.