IV. Zelenia

She was both relieved to be released from the continuous praises and attention of the people of Diwes and dreaded beginning the long and dangerous journey. Helian looked reluctant to leave such praise, but his eagerness to begin didn't dampen his determined mood—which helped Zelenia's worry.

They had only just met, but she couldn't believe that she had survived for so long without him. She didn't want to leave his side, and he must've felt the same by the way he never moved more than a few feet away.

The people of Diwes had given them a grand farewell and a good number of the city-folk followed them to the large docks to wish them a safe journey to Asardia and beyond.

***

Just a fishing village, Kaos couldn't dock the ferries, so they had to transfer over to a smaller vessel at Sciula. It took some time searching the docks for someone who could carry them over. The fisherman they found was from Kaos and neared disembarking to go home; they hired him. After gaping at Zelenia and Helian in disbelief that they were actually the Moon and Sun, the owner of the small boat set sail for one of the outer islands.

The small boat slowed as they came upon a cliff jutting out from the mainland. They rounded it and were at Kaos.

The fishing village wasn't much bigger than what she had been shown in the Silent Realms. Zelenia counted seven huts built over the water and about the same back on the shore. Fishermen were even untangling nets like in her vision. The water was a mesmerizing blue, sparkling beautifully in the sun. Zelenia knew she wouldn't have much trouble living in Kaos with how small, quiet, and serene it looked.

Even though Asardia belonged to the Moon, the sun still took its time in the sky—only not as bright. It was the same in Agralea. In a land of the Sun, the moon never appeared at night. Only in Caelestis did the moon always remain in the sky.

The captain pulled up to the small dock, providing mooring to other small fishing boats.

"It might be hard convincing Water to leave a place like this," Helian said, awe thick in his voice as if he had been bewitched too.

"That might not be the hardest part," she said.

"What else could be the problem?"

The owner helped her up to the dock. She thanked him, then turned to Helian when he stepped up beside her. "Convincing them they are Water."

Getting visitors attracted nearly all the children and the curiosity of the adults. The children were all tanned from living under the sun and dressed in the colorful Island attire of shorts, cropped shirts, and no shoes. As dark as the children, the women wore skirts and bikini tops with variations of color, jewelry, and tattoos.

Like children are wont to do, their hands reached for Helian's golden armor and Zelenia's long, silver hair. She squatted for them so they could run their hands through her hair. Beside her, Helian didn't approach them openly like her and after a while, he extended his arm so the kids could examine the golden brace on his arm. But he kept an eye on them.

The children asked them questions, ranging from who they were and why were they there, to why were they dressed like that and where did they come from. Even though eager to find Water, Zelenia took the time to answer each question and even did her best to elaborate on those answers that spawned confusion and more questions.

"But how can you be the Sun and Moon when they're in the sky?" The boy, asking the question, pointed at the glowing ball high in the heavens. "The sun is right there" —he turned back to Helian— "but you're in front of me saying you're the Sun."