VI. Zelenia

After spending the night in Hibyscus, they took to the sea again to go to Elemonsina, then would walk to their next destination. Where they would go was the problem.

They had landed in the largest city in the largest country. Idens was the center of Ethea where all roads connected and transport to any other county could be found. One could walk to Caelestis. Take a boat to Dantia, Asardia, Volentia, or Kefalon, or ride a train to Kefalon or Agraelea. Durus, the land of Fire, was connected by a strip of land to the south. But to reach it, an ashship must be hired to sail over the Ash Desert.

They stood in the main square, looking at the crossroad directions, trying to decide where to go. Zelenia kept referring to the ruins of Euralion where they could find Air, but Helian wanted to find either Earth near Estys or Fire in Cesivana. He wanted to see if he had a stronger connection to one of his Elementals. Spirit was an Elemental shared between them, so Kalisa didn't have such a bond with him.

Helian kept trying to persuade Zelenia to go to Estys while she kept pointing out the quickest route, by getting Air first, Earth next, and then Fire. At least they could agree on Kefalon being the last to visit to acquire Light—it was the furthest distance.

Kalisa and Renuo stood by them, listening to their debate. Kalisa had tried to suggest different routes but grew exasperated that they wouldn't listen to her. Renuo's eyes shifted from one speaker to the next, remaining out of the argument.

"It sounds as if our Sun and Moon are showcasing their relationship quite well."

They turned to find a tall man with a regal bearing and finely dressed in multiple layers of red, black, and a hint of gold. His long hair was a dark red and black, and neatly pulled back to emphasize the bulging dark red veins streaking from his eyes, down his neck, and lining his exposed forearms. Black eyes—no pupils or irises—sparkled with intelligence, craftiness, and a slight tinge of amusement. His pale skin caused the veins matching his hair to stand out. Even though strange, he was handsome, with his sharp, angular features. Near to him were two bodyguards—one with white hair and the other blue-haired.

This man had the extreme power of authority, and by his stance, made sure others knew it.

His eyes quickly took them in. "So young; that is a surprise." This man's teeth were refined to sharp points.

"You know who we are?" Helian asked.

"It is hard not to notice the newest Sun and Moon, and two Elementals, since I have had dealings with some of your predecessors."

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I am Callidus, Lord of the Seteri."

Zelenia introduced them all.

He bowed. "It is an honor to have met you, and it would be an even greater honor if I can assist either now or in the future."

Helian looked at her—with telepathic abilities, she could see through a person. Lord Callidus was a very handsome man; she had trouble ignoring that fact to see through him. His soul was hard to focus on, but it glowed white, pure—he had no darkness he tried to hide. Zelenia returned Helian's look with a smile, trusting that he would understand.

"We can't decide where to go next," Helian admitted when he turned back. Now, hearing it, the reason for their argument sounded so childish.

"A simple fix. Where must you go?"

"Euralion, outside of Estys, and Cesivana. We have decided to go to Kefa last," Zelenia answered.

His eyes narrowed as he pictured the locations. "Euralion is the closest, so that would be the most logical destination in relation to saving time.