0| Prologue

Last edit [15/11/2014]: The revised prologue of the story. Hope you like it, guys~ The first chapter will be re-written soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

- Chapter 0 -

Prologue

Satsuki Shiroshi, the "Silent Step", was a normal girl in a crazy world. A gifted child in a mischievous world. being swallowed in the crowds, being a normal person for the whole world, yet a prodigy in her town. Everyone pressured her and the bad thing in this case was that she was stressed about the only thing which was helping her out solve everything: volleyball. What she needed was someone to lean on, to cry on her shoulder, to tell them about her personal problems. . . And the only person who appeared to be interested was a boy at her age, the one known with the name-

"Tobio!"

Satsuki waved frantically at the tall boy who was standing at the corner of the playground. The boy named Tobio turned around and short-waved at the girl bored, not knowing what else to do in the swings' section. Satsuki caught up to him and smiled brightly, showing him the round ball she was holding in her hand.

"Look! My parents finally let me borrow it!" she exclaimed and squealed in utter happiness. Tobio stayed still, examining the round volleyball with his hands. It had a soft yellow color which was meeting with a deep blue one at some point.

Finally, he decided to speak up, "Seems cool. Wanna play?" he suggested and Satsuki nodded frantically, tugging his sleeve and pulling him together with her. After running for a while, both reached a flat space where they could freely play without any disturbance.

Kageyama and Satsuki were both volleyball players in their school and the sport was a pure bliss for them. Whenever they would get the chance to play it, they would. Satsuki was in the girls' volleyball team and despite not being the best of all, she was still proud of herself that she could manage to be part of a team. Kageyama, on the other hand, was still doubting whether he would join the volleyball team or not. He was considering himself an amateur but his friend was reassuring him every time that he mustn't miss such an opportunity and grab the chance to make the headlines. However, he still hadn't make a decision. . . or so everyone thought.

After tossing passes to each other for a while, Satsuki caught the ball and motioned to him to come closer. "Ne, do you want us to release our. . . secret weapon?" she whispered to him and smirked mischievously, giving him the chance to nod and smirk too slightly.

Tobio stayed in his position while the girl moved two meters away from him, facing the wall from far away. Satsuki hit the ball on the ground a few times before throwing it on the air and making a pass to Kageyama. The boy precisely hit it on the air, passing it in front of him. Satsuki wasted no time and ran forward, aiming to hit the ball. One step, two steps, three steps and. . . jump. She raised her hand up and attempted to hit the ball, her eyes shining at its sight.

"Special Quick Spi-" she started yelling but fell clumsily on the ground, the ball bouncing on her head as well. Her attempt to spike the ball failed together with her hopes to achieve a higher recognition for her spikes. Tobio tried to stifle his laughter at the hilarious sight but couldn't hold back and finally cracked up.

Satsuki glared at him from the ground and huffed, puffing out her cheeks in an obvious pout. Tobio stopped laughing after a couple of seconds and just smiled softly at his friend. He finally moved in front of her and stretched out his hand, "Want any help down there?"

The girl could do nothing but take his hand and be lifted up. Currently, she was trying not to shout at him how one hell of a jerk he was being and bonk his head. But by his serious expression on his face, she knew that he wanted to tell her something. It was his turn to tug her sleeve and lead her under the shadow of the tree so they could avoid getting burnt by the sun.

Satsuki waited for Kageyama to speak and when he did, her eyes widened in surprise, "They accepted me" was all he said and turned to see his friend's reaction.

"They accepted you- Wait. Don't tell me that. . ." she trailed off, a smile forming second by second on her face. Tobio nodded and he was immediately pulled in a hug by her, who was yelling happily. "I'm so glad you decided to enter the boys' volleyball team! Welcome abroad!". Tobio couldn't help but smile softly at his friend, patting her head as he was always doing.

"It is okay, Tatsuki. Cry as much as you want"

Satsuki pulled back and poked his head in annoyance, "I'm not crying! Yet, at least. . . And what's up with the 'Tatsuki' thing? What is it?" she asked curiously and crossed her arms in front of her.

Tobio had a weird reaction; his cheeks were painted with a faint red color and he became nervous, looking anywhere but at her. "Ehm, it is. . . Our team's name, yeah! That's it" he rushed to explain and washed off that nervous feeling which had gotten into him.

Satsuki just shrugged and grabbed the volleyball, ready for another round.

A certain black-haired girl stood in front of the stadium she was instructed to go at. It had been a long time since she had gone to Tokyo, not to mention that she had disappeared for a handful of years without any explanations. Satsuki Shiroshi, the now known as "Silent Step" in her volleyball career, was standing out of the building where the Inter High was taking place. After many years, she had decided to go back to her old house together with her family since her business in Kyoto was done.

Her purple eyes stared briefly at the volleyball players who were entering the huge building and she placed her hand on her head, ruffling her hair like he did. Lastly, she gave to the entrance a determined look, mouth forming a line.

"I'm coming, Tobio"