6| (Stu)dying on Saturday

- Chapter 6 -

(Stu)dying on Saturday

Satsuki entered the building of the gym where the whole voleyball club was inside, already practising. The girl was completely dazed off and was hanging her head low, millions of emotions being mixed up in her mind. Sadness, misofrtune. . . regret? Despair? She still hadn't recovered the previous shock and she was thinking to herself just one word: why. Why did this happen that early? She had to see Kageyama over 6 years and despite the fact that they were childhood friends; they had met their new selves and accepted their changes in a few days, yet why did he confess that kind of feelings to her? When did they develop in such a small time? It was only one-two months since she had enrolled in Karasuno High School, love would take at least half a year to be born between their tensed friendship.

Thinking that, she unconsciously sat down on one of the bleachers, taking a deep breath and then exhaling, something which was heard like a sigh.

"Satsuki?" a gentle voice asked, making the girl look up and spot Sachi.

"Yes, Sachi-san?"

The blonde girl looked down, rubbing her foot on the ground awkwardly as she began talking, "Eh. . . ano. . . I saw what happened between you and Kageyama-kun. Is. . . Is everything alright now?". This question made Satsuki freeze, look at her with shock. She had actually seen her and Kageyama before, fact which made her look away embarassed.

"Y-yes. . . I'm alright now, thanks" she nochalantly replied and grabbed her clipboard, searching thoroughly the training program of the volleyball players. Her eyes were still burning from her urge to cry and she was trying to somehow avoid blurrying her eyes but she failed to do that, making her to wipe her eyes. The two other female members of Karasuno Volleyball Team noticed that but didn't utter a word, trying to avoid any contact with the dangerous subject.

After Satsuki had calmed down, she clipped a whistler around her neck and blew it, making all the heads turn towards her. Coach Ukai stood besides her and glancing at each other, they confirmed their future actions. "Minna-san, can you come here?". The boys obeyed to her 'order' and they gathered around them, her purple orbs stealing a small glance from Kageyama before turning back and looking at everyone.

"Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei informed me that we're going to a summer training camp in exactly one week", Cheers were heard from the boys, especially from Hinata, Nishinoya and Takana, "But. The exams you have to pass are critical in this journey and you all have to pass them to join us in the bus. The ones that won't pass the exams will be the ones who will have to find another way to come to Tokyo, in Nekoma High. That's where we'll hold the training camp-"

"Yaaaayy! I will get the chance to see Kenma again!'

"And their cute manager~~!"

"But our Kiyoko is more cute than her, right~?"

"Absolutely!"

A huge sweat drop appeared on the heads of the assisant coach and Coach Ukai, making them wonder what in the world their teammates were thinking. Satsuki sighed softly, wanting to smile at the stupidity of her fellow friends (?) but couldn't due to the incident which happened earlier. If only. . . If only I had told him that I feel the same way about him. . . None of us would be unhappy. . .

"Yo, Earth calls Satsuki. Earth calls Satsuki. Are ya listening to me?!" a harsh voice snapped the raven out of her thoughts, her eyes looking up to find Tanaka talking to her while the others were giving her a questioning look.

Satsuki bowed apologetically to them, her hair falling to the side as she leaned forward. "Gomenasai, Tanaka-senpai. I kind of. . . dazed off". Sachi exchanged worried looks with Hinata, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, the four of them being concerned about their friend's quick change of mood. Usually, she would be stressed about it because Kageyama was her childhood friend. But, this abnormal behaviour of hers was kind of. . . weird. It seemed like she had regretted for something, something they still didn't know.