Chapter Two: Do I look like a Cujo to you?

May contain spelling errors, not edited
~Autumn

Dean and Dad had taken me back to their motel room. I was tucked into Dean's jacket, and Dad walked into the bathroom for a shower. Dean sat down on his bed, and pulled me away from the warmth of his coat. I looked around the room. It was small, with dark green walls, and two beds and a bathroom attached. It was decorated for Christmas. I didn't know much about the holiday, hearing about it from the workers. They talked about presents, food, and family. Is that what Dean and Dad do? I stared curiously at a small human perched on the TV stand. Wings out gracefully, and a ring over it's head, and was dressed in a white gown. My tour was cut short when Dean lifted me, and held me up to his face, as if studying me.

"Grey eyes?" He questions.
I let out a small sneeze, and he shook his head, and set me down on the floor and wiped his face

"Really?" He says. I stare up at him, cocking my head. My tongue lolled out of my mouth. He shakes his head, and rubs behind my ears. My tail thumps. I decided that I liked ear rubs. "You're lucky you're somewhat cute" he says.

'I think I'm adorable' I say, and nuzzle his hand. I needed this. Something warm, and nice. The cold and shock of being ripped away from my mother..... my siblings...... I licked his fingers and he chuckled. The sound was nicer than the shrieks. Dean cocked his head, staring down at me.

"I should name you" he says. I woof, and turn around in circles.

'Bet you can't guess my name' I say, staring up at him. Dean rubbed his chin in thought.

"Cujo" he says with a grin.

'What kind of name is Cujo?" I snort. I hear a voice from behind me, and turn to see Dad walk out, laughing.

"Cujo is a guy dog's name Dean. Not a girl's. And you shouldn't name her, she's not staying long"

"Yeah....well it's better than calling her 'dog'" Dean says. He looks back down at me. "Lassie?"

'No'

"Bella?"

'No'

"Rin Tin Tin?"

'No no no'

Dean shakes his head, and Dad laughs.

"Those are horrible Dean. Really" he says, and leans over to the small box TV, and flipped it on. The TV made a static sound. I cock my head, and Dean gets a good look at my head.

"A halo?" He says. I bark.

"Angel" I bark and then turn in circles. Dean laughs, and picks me up. I lick his face happily. "Fine. Angel"

"Oh the irony" Dad mumbles, before walking out. Dean rubs my ears some more.

"Good girl Angel" Dean says. I wag my tail. I was a good girl! I've never been called that before. Dean lies back on his bed, watching the television. I stared up at him, then the bed. I bundled up my legs, and tried to jump up there with him, but fell short, and fell down with a yelp. Dean glances down, and grins. "You want up here?" He asks. I let out a bark, and he pats the side of the bed. "Come on." He says.

'I'm too short!' I whine, trying to claw my way up the bed. Dean sighs, and leans down and picks me up off the floor, and onto the bed next to him. I wag my tail, and run to his face, and lick him furiously. He laughs, covering his head.