Chapter 13: Sleep with the Fishes

April 14th , 2005
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

I sat quietly next to Dean as he talked to Jerry. They were conversing with with Dad adding a bit of input.

"If it comes back just give us a call" Dean says earnestly. His cheek was cut up from the poltergeist's attack, throwing broken plates and bits of mirror to cut him and Dad both up. Jerry's wife and kids stood behind them, almost timid of the two intimidating hunters, their stature and rough faces would put anybody off. Jerry nodded to Dean

"Not to be rude or anything boys, but I hope to never see you again" He laughs a bit. Dean gave him a small smile

"Same here Jerry. Take care" Jerry nodded, bending down a bit to run my ears and disappeared behind his door. Dad lead the way back to the impala, flipping his phone open to check the messages. Dean let me into the back seat, before sitting in the front. Dad got driver's side, still checking his phone.

"We might have something here" he says, eyes scanning the message.

"Yeah? What?" Dean asks, pulling his seatbelt on.

"San Diego. I've got a contact that says there's been a few mysterious deaths going on at the aquarium."

"Woah, wait. The aquarium? Like Sea World? Shamu?" Dean grins a bit, and Dad rolls his eyes.

"Yes Dean. Sea World. Stop acting like a child" Dad says, starting the car. Dean shrugs, flipping through a newspaper

"So San Diego then?"

"San Diego"

***********
April 21st, 2005
San Diego, California

I have to say, I've never been so close to large bodies of water. The scent of sea salt was everywhere, even when our motel was miles away from the ocean shore. It was something you'd have to get used to honestly.

Dad and Dean had booked the motel and spent the next couple of hours sleeping, before heading the the aquarium. The smell was overpowering, and the inside of the building was dark and the air was cool. Large tanks filled up with water and creatures swam through it. They looked pretty funny.

Dad walked up to a man holding a mop. The guy grinned, shaking Dad's hand as he introduced himself to Dean as William. William glanced down at me, and grinned with a gap in his tooth.

"Well hi there!" He says, leaning down to pet me. "Who's this pretty lady?" I decided I liked this William guy.

"This is Angel" Dean says. William petted my ears one last time.

"Hi there Angel" he says. Dad cleared his throat and William looked at him.

"So you called us here about some weird deaths?"

"Yeah, surprised you didn't see them on the news. Its some weird stuff John. The last guy was strangled by an octopus, but he was no where near the octopus exhibit. In fact, he was in the parking lot. The guy before, I found him in the supply closet. Couldn't tell what was wrong with him, till I heard his belly was full up to the throat in barnacles. After the octopus, I called you quick as I could. Figured it'd be right up your department"

"Its good you called, thanks William" Dad says. William nods, and patted my head before leaving. Dad looks at Dean. "Well?"

"Could be a ghost? Vengeful spirit maybe" Dean rubs his jaw in thought. Dad nods

"We'll run some EMF in the area, then check records. Find out if someone died." Dad says.

Dean held out his EMF detector, walking the halls of the aquarium. The small box beeped  and whined, Dean's concentration focused on the red line that never went past midway. While Dean was occupied with that, my focus was on the things swimming around in the tanks.

One held a school of brightly colored fish. The swam away when I got too close to the glass. Another had a small family of turtles chewing happily at the growing coral at the bottom of the tank, unconcerned at the smaller fish swimming around them. A small movement from the corner caught my eye. It looked like a girl. She peeked out from behind some reeds. Her hair a deep blue color, weaving behind her. A solemn look on her face. She turned to look at me, her eyes glowed dark green. I took a step back, and turned to where Dean still held the small box.

I barked, which caused the fish nearest to the tank to dark away. I barked again, and Dean turned to me.

"What is it Angel?"

'Girl in the water!' I bark, turning to look back into the tank as Dean joined me. I looked where the girl was, but she wasn't there.

"Angel, those are turtles." Dean says. He glances at the two small ones, and grins. "Like from Finding Nemo" he says, glancing down at me. I cock my head at him. "Like with the clown fish? P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney?"

'You've lost me here Dean' I woof. Dean frowns.

"Well I know what we're watching after this hunt."

'The Scooby Doo marathon?" I wag my tail. Dean rubbed my ears as Dad walked in.

"You got anything Dean?"

"Some spikes here and there. Still, it'd be good to check the records." Dean says. "So we'll need to steal the files"

"Already ahead of you" Dad pulls out a small stack of folders, and gestures towards the entrance. "Come on let's go" Dean followed after Dean, but I hesitated, turning back to the tank, searching for the girl.

"Come on Angel. Or we'll leave you here to sleep with the fishes" Dean calls, and he grins at Dad. "Get it?" Dad rolls his eyes and disappeared from sight. I faltered only a second, but quickly followed after Dean, preferring the warmth of a hotel bed to the cold tiled floor.

••••••••
Sorry this chapter is so short! I just wanted to get something out to you guys :) thanks for over 300 reads! You guys rock
~Autumn