XVI

"All passengers flying to Dubai on flight A0120, please get your tickets ready the plane is ready for boarding."

"That's us," Nick called out.

Ivar gave Eva's hand a little squeeze before grabbing his crouches. Ivar being crippled allowed him to board the plane first with the rest right behind him.

"I can't believe we're doing this!" Joseph cheered.

As they boarded the plane Joseph was in the front chatting to the air hostess, Ivar and Eva were walking side by side, and Nick was holding up the back.

Ivar had been planning this day since he found himself in Eva's bedroom, he wanted to go home to his land and reclaim what was his. But this was not how he imagined it going, he planned to take a great army on new modelled boats, not on an aircraft with Eva. She was never part of the plan, as Ivar never wanted her in any kind of danger even though he knew he could protect her.

Eva and Joseph had finally graduated high school and on graduation day they had a little celebration party at Nicks apartment. Nick handed the two of them envelopes and told them it was Ivar and his grad present for them both. Joseph was expecting at least a hundred dollars and Eva just thought it was a cute letter, but when Joseph ripped it open and saw plane tickets to Dubai and Denmark he literally jumped for joy and pulled them both into a massive bear hug. Eva giggled but quickly tore hers open to see what she got, and she also couldn't help the squeals that left her mouth.

Eva's eyes literally fell out of her head when she read it was first class Emirate airline tickets. First class tickets were expensive, she knew they had to cost at least twenty thousand or more for each ticket. 

"I can't accept this," Eva cried, "This is too much!"

"What?!" irritation coating Josephs voice "of course you can, you ungrateful..."

"Watch what comes out of your mouth next," Ivar cut him off.

"Seriously Nick, Ivar this is way too expensive how can you even afford all this. It's a really nice gesture but it's too much."

"You already agreed to come to Kattegat with me, you can not break your promise, Eva!" Ivar snapped.

"I know but I didn't agree that you would pay, and buy the most expensive ticket to get there." she retorted.

"Eva seriously, you're about to ruin my dreams alright," Joseph stared her dead in the eyes, " you better shut up right now!"

"Well actually," Nick cut in, "you shouldn't stress too much Joseph."

Joseph turned his full attention to Nick, "and why is that?" he questioned.

"Because it's only a prank," Nick deadpanned.

Josephs' face dropped to the floor and all hope vanished into thin air as Eva sighed in relief.

Then Nick started to crack up laughing and even Ivar couldn't help but chuckle at Josephs reaction.

Ivar then reassures Joseph that it was indeed not a joke and threatened Eva that if she did not accept, she would not like the alternative.

So here they were, the fantastic four heading to Denmark twenty-six hours of airtime in luxury. Everyone but Eva was amazed at the quality of the Airbus in first class. The mini bar and the lounge area, the seating area's were large and even had sliding doors for privacy if needed.

"Have I died and gone to heaven?" Joseph cried.

Eva shook her head in laughter, as Ivar rolled his eyes.