Chapter 5

Squeezing through the broken door, she found herself in a beautiful courtyard, even though it lacked life and all the colors were washed out the architecture alone was beautiful. On the walls were evidence of craftsmen’s long hours making a mosaic, pottery, elaborate fountain work or even mirrors. Looking into one, she inspected her appearance.

     Tasha was amazed at what she saw; her unkempt and greasy hair was now styled elegantly even though it was just reaching her shoulders, a gorgeous pin held back her bangs. She took note that her fuzzy pajama pants and tank top had changed to a jade tunic that curved down from the left shoulder, staying baggy until a wide black belt decorated with gold cinched it around her waist, showing off her moderately curvy figure. Tasha grinned at her appearance and feeling much more confident, carried on through a shaded archway.

     After a quick glance all that was around was a pot and some arches housing various statues; alley ways and houses towered over her, silently looming over her, watching her meander further and further into the heart of the city. At one point, Tasha found a pot and found silver and golden bows. After pulling both out and looking at them, she put them back after remembering who it was that they belonged to set down the bows and she continued down the road. After a while the game of hot and cold she found herself at a modest, but still posh house,   and the game had led her this far and she stood in front of the door now.

Tasha made up her mind to enter and yanked the door open harshly coaxing a loud creak and a cloud of dust. After the dust settled, Tasha went in. Once inside, she froze. It was too dark to see anything aside from a small patch of floor of floor exposed by the light from the door. After blindly following the wall with her hand, she found the little light she had disappearing, but the feeling in her hand was warm and motivated her to go farther. Tasha was almost to the next corner; when she tripped and ass Tasha fell, she hit her head twice, knocking her unconscious.