Chapter 6

After Tasha woke up, she realized her hand wasn't burning, but when she actually opened her eyes she also realized she wasn't in the same pitch black corridor,  rather, the room was much like the one she was in when she first came to the myth filled city, mostly empty and plain, but this particular room was designed in a way that made her feel like a sacrifice rather than a guest. Tasha turned around and saw a door and went to open it, only to have it open inwards as she got there and hit her in the face. Cupping her nose and shutting her eyes in pain, she felt arms wrap around her waist, pulling her backwards into a chest. Her immediate reaction was to fight and until she was physically restrained by a tail, that she calmed down and stopped struggling. Being released, her focus drifted back to the blood that was dripping down her front without stopping. However, the person picked her back up and Tasha was being carried bridal style.

"Sorry about the door, I didn't know you were right on the other side!" The voice chuckled gruffly yet embarrassedly. “Honest to goodness, if I had known you were right there, I wouldn’t have opened the door so quickly. And probably would have warned you.” In one swift move, she was set back onto the table and her hands were pulled away. Her eyes opened and her suspicious thoughts were confirmed.

"Epsilon!" she cheered, "I missed you so, so, so, so much. I never realized how much I..." She trailed off. She beamed excitedly, but a pink dusted across her cheeks as the end of her sentence repeated in her fore-thoughts. ‘How much I love you!’

“How much you what, flower?" He teased, smirking; fangs peeking out of the corners of his mouth. ‘From the blush that’s spreading and becoming darker, I assume it's embarrassing? Oh it is! Do you love me? You do, don't you! Oh flower, that's wonderful!" He didn’t give her a chance to respond as he leaned down and kissed her, only to pull away with her blood staining his lips and nose. He had an apologetic grin. "Sorry, flower."

 Tasha reached up and wiped the bright red liquid off as best as she could. The result was better, but there were a few smeared red streaks. Epsilon sat down and effortlessly pulled Tasha into his curled tail that sat in front of him. He pulled a rag and a small jar filled with water out and started to clean off the blood that stained her face and dress. After Epsilon was satisfied with the light stains on her dress being the only evidence of her bloody nose. Tasha, not wanting to sound to cliche with some dopey statement; she only cuddled closer to the mythical half man. The blonde hugged his middle tightly and before she knew it his tail came up and wrapped around the girl's legs and waist. Epsilon rested his head on her shoulder and all was silent aside from soft breaths that filled the room and the two fell asleep against each other.