In Action

I woke up, and did my morning routine. I went past the Ravenclaw common room, and went out of the portrait hole to go to breakfast.

I went to the Great Hall, to see Justin and Ernie in conversation.

I went behind Ernie and gave him a hug from behind, my arms around his neck, my chin resting on his shoulder. He chucked. I smiled.

"Hello, Rachel." Ernie said.

"Good morning." I said.

I slid in between the two hufflepuffs. I hugged Justin round the middle.

"M-Morning." Justin stuttered. I furrowed my brows. Why is he stuttering?

I quickly grabbed some toast and poured myself some pumpkin juice. Justin and me grabbed the jug at the same time, resulting in a weird thing where you touch hands.

"Y-you can have it." Justin said.

"Thanks." I whispered. I poured the pumpkin juice and handed it to Justin. I turned my head, to reveal Ernie glaring at Justin. I nudged him in the ribs.

"Why're you being ugly?" I asked Ernie. He looked at me.

"Sorry." He muttered and went back to his breakfast.

We ate in silence. Ever since I was Dracos tutor, Ernie and Justin became less like themselves, and they held a tiny Grudge against each other. I fiddled with my fork, thinking about these things.

Ernie knew something was wrong.

"What's the matter?" He asked me. I sighed.

He grabbed my hand, and led me out of the great hall.

He led me downstairs, near the kitchens, into the hufflepuff common room.

He said the password, and led me inside the deserted common room.

We sat on a couch, near the fireplace, his arm around my waist and my head on his shoulder. I let out a shaky breath. We turned to face each other.

We looked into each other's eyes. Words failed us at this time. No one else besides Ernie Macmillan could make me stunned without saying a word. I could only mutter out these three words...

"I love you." I said them before i could stop myself. It felt as if twelve years of knowing him, I had to say these words at least once.

Before I knew it, tears started silently falling down my face, me still determined to look into his eyes. He cupped my jaw. I closed my eyes, in love with his touch.

"I love you too." He said.

He gently used his thumb to wipe the tears off of my face. I let out a shaky breath. My eyes were still closed.

I felt a soft pair of lips against mine.

Ernie Macmillan...my best friend for twelve years...kissing me...

The kiss was slow and passionate. It was better than any other kiss I had and better than I could have imagined. Yet, it also felt like I should have done this all along.

Then it happened, the kiss became more rough. I put my hands in his messy hair, his hands roaming my body.

He lifted me on his lap, pulling me closer. We did not break the kiss. We didn't want to miss a second of it. We did want to miss this moment.