02

Nate got out of his father's backseat, following after the older Argents. He hated that he had to leave his black SUV back at the house but his father was right, the less car the better. Three more men were there with them, riding in a different vehicule, one of those carrying a duffel bag with weapons.

Trapped on a trip wire, without a doubt planted by Chris Argent, was a man, more specifically a werewolf. Chris Argent used his taser stick on the wolf, making him scream in pain and turn back to his human form.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Chris asked. "Nothing. Nothing, I swear," the werewolf declared, pleading with his eyes to be let down and away from the hunters. "You're not from here, are you? Are you?!"

"No. No, I came- I came looking for the alpha. I heard he was here. That's all. Look, I didn't do anything. I didn't hurt anyone. No one living. He wasn't alive in the ambulance. He wasn't, I swear," the man confessed.

"Gentleman! Take a look at a rare sight. You want to tell them what we've caught?" Gerard said, looking at Nate. "An omega."

"The lone wolf! Possibly kicked out of his own pack. Or the survivor of a pack that was hunted down. Maybe even murdered. And possibly alone by his own choice. Certainly not a wise choice," Gerard explained.

He walked to the man with the duffel bag and took a sword out of its cloth. Nathaniel smirked in satisfaction. "Because, as I am about to demonstrate... an omega rarely survives... on his own." And with that he sliced the werewolf in two, his head hanging down as soon as the blade left his body.

Chris walked towards his father with an angry look on his face. "We have a code." He was fuming. "Not when they murder my daughter. No code. Not anymore. From now on, these things are just bodies waiting to be cut in half," Gerard said.

Chris looked sideways to his son, frowning when he saw a small smile on his face. Chris Argent never wanted his older child to be a cold hearted killer but he knew that with Gerard's training, the results were inevitable.

"Are you listening? Because I don't care if they're wounded and weak... Or seemingly harmless... Begging for their life with the promise that they will never, ever hurt anyone. Or some desperate, lost soul with no ice what they're getting into. We find them. We kill them. We kill them all."

The hunters left the woods in a hurry, and back arrived to the house. Nate got out of the car quickly, wanting to escape the tense atmosphere his father and grandfather had, he really didn't want to be caught in the middle of everything.

Before he could even take a step up the staircase, Chris stopped him. "Nate, can I speak to you in the kitchen?" The raven haired boy cursed but complied, turning around and following his dad.

"Uh... it's everything okay, dad?" Nate asked, not a hundred percent sure were the conversation was going, but having a clear idea about it. "No, not really son."

Chris wanted to find a way to go around this but was finding it difficult so he just went straight or he point. "I know how Gerard trained you, and what he said back in the woods was a great speech and it inspired you and the others."

"Yes dad, that's what it was supposed to do. Grandpa is great with words. Are we done here? I'm pretty tired from the trip here that I'll like to sleep," Nate said, turning to leave but Chris' voice stopped him.

"No, we're not done." With narrowed eyes, he glared at his son making Nate stayed planted in his spot facing him. "I saw your smile. You were enjoying that. We have a code that we follow, we don't go killing innocent creatures without finding proof. I want you to follow the code son," Chris told him.

Nate scoffed at him, "Grandpa gave his orders and I intent to follow them. He's the leader, not you." Harsh words spoken by his own son, and Chris Argent couldn't believe it. "Now, I'm going to bed, good night." With that, the raven haired boy climbed the stairs and went to his room, plopping down on the bed and sighing.

He wanted to listen to his dad, he was after all his father but Gerard was his mentor, the person who trained and practically raised him. Nate was loyal to him and when he gave an order, Nate always followed them, no matter what it was.

This one was different, though. He always followed the code but things have escalated quickly and they're being threatened, so new games new rules.