09

Nate was freezing, the night was one of the coldest he's felt in a while. Bored out of his mind, he watched how his school team was getting thrown around the field by one of the players of the opposite team.

"I knew I should have brought a warmer jacket," Allison's voice said, snapping Nate out of his thoughts. "You're cold. Here, take my coat," Gerard offered, standing up and shrugging his coat off. "Are you sure?" Gerard nodded, helping Allison put the new layer of clothing on. Nate furrowed his eyebrows at the whole exchange, finding it odd that Allison did that.

The raven haired boy directed his attention back to the game once again, seeing one of the red players being slammed to the ground. "Ow!" The crowd said in chorus.

"Good god, is it always this violent?" The older Argent questioned. Nate turned to look at him, just in time as Stiles Stilinski was passing by really close to Allison. His instincts told him that nothing good came come with that boy, so he excused himself and left the bleachers.

He followed Stiles at a reasonable distance. Stiles stopped for a moment and went to a car, who Nate discovered was Lydia Martin's vehicle. After a couple of minutes talking, Stiles ran to the school, disappearing inside the building.

Nate contemplated for a moment his options. One, continue with his original plan and follow Stilinski to see what he's up to. Or go see if Lydia's okay.

He walked to his destination, knocking on the window. Lydia jumped slightly at new boy standing outside her window and mentally groaned. "Lydia, are you okay?" The redhead nodded, whipping her tears away.

"There's no need to lie. I won't judge you." Lydia saw something that looked like pity combined with understanding. She lowered the window to have a normal conversation with him. Lydia stared at her best friend's brother with curiosity. She unlocked the car doors, Nate taking it as a signal to get in. So he did.

He sat on the passenger seat of the car before turning his body slightly to get a better look at the crying redhead. "What's wrong?" Lydia hesitated, not knowing how or what exactly tell her. "It's nothing, really. You're going to think I'm crazy."

Nate scoffed, knowing that anything she says would sound normal considering the life he lives. "Lydia, believe me. Nothing you'll say make me think any different of you." The Argent boy acknowledged how the girl looked down at her lap and he sighed. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want but sometimes is better to talk to someone that's willing to listen. It may not help, but you'll be surprised how relieved you feel," he told her.

A ring erupted suddenly, Nate fishing his phone out of his pants before noticing it was Allison telling him it was time to go. He glanced at Lydia, who still was thinking about his words, before putting his phone back on his pocket. "I need to go, but I hope that what I told you helps you."

He opened the car and got out, sending Lydia one last look before closing the door and meeting up with Allison and his grandfather by his car. He was surprised to find Scott McCall there to but didn't question his grandfather's decision.

•••

The ride back to the house was an awkward one. No one spoke and Nate felt uneasy having Scott McCall there. When he arrived, he turned the ignition off and hopped out of his black SUV, the three others following behind him.

"Oh, good, you're back. Dinner's almost ready," Victoria said as she heard the group enter the house. "How was the game?" Chris questioned, pouring a glass of wine.

"Why don't you ask the star player," Gerard told them as Scott made himself known to the Argents. Both Chris and Victoria had furious looks as Scott McCall greeted them. Awkward was and understatement when it came to the family dinner. Nate was sitting beside a very nervous Scott and he felt uncomfortable with the silence that lingered among them.

"Alright. Why is everyone so quiet?" Gerard asked, breaking the tension. "Is it that uncomfortable that they dated?" Scott looked at Allison before she looked down at her plate, not knowing how to answer. "Did you ask they'd be uncomfortable?" Chris asked back.

"Okay, I know it's been a few centuries since I was a teenager, but even back then we dated and broke up all the time."

"We're fine. Right, Scott?" Allison said. "Totally fine." He answered. Nate took a sip of his water, entertained by the whole situation. "Then why did you break up?" Gerard persisted. "She... dumped me?" Scott answered, something that seemed more like a question than a statement. Nate choked on his water as Allison stopped mid chewing to look at the McCall boy.

"No offense, Scott. But I think maybe Allison felt the two of you were just growing apart," Chris interfered. "As if the father's opinion isn't biased. How do you know they weren't as passionate as Romeo and Juliet?" Gerard questioned his son.

"I don't think that's a good example, grandpa. Romeo and Juliet committed ritual suicide," Nate piped in, making his mother send him a pointed look. "They could use a little less passion," Chris finished.

"Can we please talk about something else?" Allison wondered, basically pleading his father to stop talking. "Brilliant idea," Victoria mumbled. "Scott. How about you help me grab dessert from the kitchen?" Chris stood up, a reluctant Scott following after him.

After the dessert was served, Allison spoke up once again. "Do you mind if we're excused? There's actually some notes from English that I need to go over with Scott." Gerard nodded in agreement. "I'm not sure it's appropriate," Chris denied. "Okay, I'm the one that's supposed to be old-fashioned here. The two of you, go," Gerard dismissed. Both Allison and Scott stood up, and climbed the stairs.

Nate continued to eat his dessert while a silence once again fell upon the Argent family after Allison disappeared with Scott. It didn't bother him when it was just his family, he actually liked it.

After a while, Scott and the youngest Argent returned to the dining room, Scott picking his hoodie and putting it on. "Principal Argent- Gerard. Mr. and Mrs. Argent. Nate. Uh, thank you for dinner. I just realized that I have to pick up my mom from work."

And with that, The McCall boy bolted out of the house. "I don't get it. What's not to like?" Gerard said in confusion. Nate rolled his eyes at his comment, and finishing his last sip of water before standing up. "I have some homework to catch up with, so I'll be going." His parents nodded and with that Nate was gone.

He entered his room and looked for his backpack, taking his notebooks out and started with the school work he hated doing. He felt asleep that night with thoughts about his conversation with Lydia earlier that night and how weird and uncomfortable the dinner with Scott McCall was.

Author's Note:
What's a good ship name for them? Lyte? Nydia? Suggest some please because I can't come up with ship names for my life.
I hope you liked this chapter, and if you did don't forget to vote and comment.