16

Things took a turn after Allison and Nate had their talk

Things took a turn after Allison and Nate had their talk. It felt like they were as close as before Nate went away to become a hunter. Of course, things will never be the same, given the fact that Nate told Allison that her boyfriend may turn on her and hurt her, but Allison now understood Nate in a whole other level she didn't before.

After the talk, the twins were needed on the basement with their father and grandfather as they checked their weapons. Allison's phone dinged and she fished it out. Nate took a look at her from his spot fixing his arrows flecthings when he saw her frown in confusion, but her face went back to her stoic expression. She held the phone up to show the three males the display. Chris took it and read the text. "He wants the bestiary," he said, putting the gun down.

"That's not from Scott. He wouldn't have texted me. And he definitely wouldn't have mentioned Derek." At the sound of the older man's name, Nate's blood boiled with rage. He would never, ever forgive Derek Hake for taking another person he cared about from him.

"The sheriff's station? Gerard wondered after Chris showed him the phone. Nate raised an eyebrow. Why would Derek freaking Hale be at a police station when he's been a wanted man before?

"That man is allergic to authority, especially if it comes from police officers. If he's really there, there's no way he went willingly." Chris nodded at his sons words, agreeing with everything he said. Learning about Derek Hale was difficult, but knowing he hated the police force was an easy lesson.

"You think Jackson's there, too?"

Chris nodded, "maybe. Maybe him and the one controlling him."

Chris was fast to pull out blueprints to the sheriff's station. They needed to assess the situation and approach cautiously. Not only they were against werewolves and a kanima, there were humans involved, humans with guns. "How many do they keep on the night shift?

"What I saw last time, four or five max," Nate said. His last experience at the station was not something he wanted to talk about, particularly his overly embarrassing distraction tactics.

"My guess would be they're either dead or paralyzed by now."

Nate looked away from his arrows and to his grandfather, who had a smirk on his face. "This might just be the confluence of events we've been hoping for." The look Gerard Argent was sporting was one Nate knew too well; he meant business.

"Confluence or conflagration?"

Gerard looked at his son with a smile. "I'm open to both."

"What do we do now?" Allison asked. Her voice was steady but deep down, Nate knew his sister was scared. It would be the first time she would go out with her family and have a proper hunt, like she was supposed to.

Nate smirked, ready to tell the plan that quickly formed in his head after the message arrived. "Maybe you should tell us. That authority fall to you now." Nate's face fell at his grandfathers words. He stared at Gerard in disbelief and betrayal.