Prologue

The moon shone high in the sky, sending waves of shimmering light through the sky. Its rays of white stretched through the chill night, casting brightness down onto the globe at the north pole. The yetis exchanged glances, then quickly rushed to get North. North barged into the room after the yetis a few seconds later, eager to receive a new message from the moon.

"Man in Moon," he muttered, making his way to the center of the room. He watched as the moonlight bounced off the walls. "What do you want, man in moon?" he asked, looking up at the bright white sphere in the dark sky. The moonlight began to take shape, sending luminescent rays of snowflake shaped light darting across the room. North watched them, a confused look beginning to take shape on his face. "What does man in moon want?" he wondered to himself, looking from the moon to his yetis. Suddenly, the light from the moon joined back into one ray shining down to create a white figure in the middle of the room. North looked at it with confused astonishment. The aglow form depicted the image of a young girl with a long dress and braided hair flowing from the top of her head in thick white waves. Her features were sharp, yet gentle, and snowflakes sprouted from her fingertips.

North studied the glowing figure with intensity, trying to see if he recognised the mysterious form in front of him, but he couldn't quite place who it was.

"Yetis, gather the guardians," he ordered. Perhaps one of them knew who this girl was. "Man in Moon has chosen a new guardian."

sorry it's so short, but here is the prologue of Back in Black, the sequel to my story Ice Cold!