Chapter Three

Jack flew through the city at lightning speed, his heart racing at a million beats per second. He never dreamed this day would come. What if she was all alone? He had promised her he would never leave her again, and yet he was here and she wasn't. Would she be mad? He hoped not.

Faster and faster he flew, the wind biting at his nose and cheeks. He felt a slight pang of guilt for leaving the others behind when they told him where she was, but he quickly pushed it aside. He wanted to be the first to find her. He landed on the ground and looked around, but found nothing in the dark alley way he was previously. She wasn't by her grave sight... he sighed. Where in this city would she be? He walked back out onto the streets where crowds of people walked past, chatting loudly or walking with speed. His eyes scanned each face, searching for those blue eyes or that blond hair. Weaving through the people, he began to call her name. There was no answer. His eyes fell towards the ground in dismay. He knew it was too good to be true... she wasn't back. And she never would be... he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He felt as if his body physically ached for her. He hated it. There was nothing he could do. She was gone and he was still here.

"Why did you do this to me?" he yelled up at the sky, hoping the moon could hear him though it wasn't night yet. North and the rest still hadn't appeared. Maybe they thought it best to leave him to this task. He hoped so. He wanted to be alone. He wandered aimlessly through the city streets, not caring who passed by or through him anymore. He hadn't felt this way in a long time. It had been years since the absence of Elsa hurt him so badly. It brought up more feelings than he wanted to feel. His thoughts strayed to old memories. The night he and Elsa first kissed. Or more like the he had first kissed Elsa. He shook his head and gave a small sad smile, trying to remember Elsa's shocked reaction, and then his as she kissed back. He remembered the fear in her eyes, but also the great power and determination and love.

And thats when he heard it. A laugh. A strong, happy, feminine laugh. His body stiffened. It couldn't be... could it? He slowly turned his head and felt his heart drop to the ground. There she was. She wore a blue cocktail dress that went to her knees and matching blue pumps. A sheer light blue shawl hung over her shoulders, sparkling in the fading sunlight. Her blond hair was pulled back into a messy french braid. Her make up was done - her eyeliner came out in sharp points at the end of her eyes, her lips red. A hint of pink eyeshadow covered her eyelids, accentuating her striking blue eyes. A smile painted her face. She laughed again and waved. Jack could only stand and stare. She looked so different. But it was her no doubt. His heart began to race as she started walked his way. He rubbed his eyes a few times, but she was still there. Closer. Closer. She was almost to him. He put on a large smile. Seconds away. Time seemed to slow. He watched her walk confidently his way. The moment he had dreamed about. The moment he thought could never be. He breathed out slowly. He put his arms out, ready to embrace her in a hug he had yearned too long for. Almost there. Three... Two... One... A chill rolled down his back as she walked straight through him as if he were a ghost. As if he were... invisible to her. He watched as she continued walking until she approached a handsome man and together they smiled and got into a taxi. He watched as the car carried them away. He dropped to his knees.

"Elsa...?"