Chapter Two

"Well, Jack, we're all dead, technically," North said. Jack shook his head.

"But we all became guardians. She didn't. There was no reincarnation. We would have known. She died a long time ago"

"Maybe we just haven't seen her-" Tooth began.

"No, you don't understand!" Jack interrupted, his voice raising. "I was there when she died! She didn't come back! She's still gone..." He lowered himself to the ground and put his head in his hands. "She can't be a guardian. It makes no sense."

"Jack..." Tooth reached out to put her hand on his shoulder, but he turned away.

"Cheer up, Jacky! She's got to be out there somewhere. I can feel it in my belly," North said, grabbing his round midsection and jiggling it.

"Well, go ahead and search, but it will be in vain," he said and flew himself out the window. Tooth was about to go after him, but North put a hand on her shoulder to hold her back.

"Let him go," he told her. She nodded and then the four of them began to discuss how to find this Elsa girl.

Jack flew through the barren cold of the North Pole, his mind racing. How could Elsa be a new guardian? She was dead, right?

"Of course she is," Jack told himself. He had watched her die. He watched as the life had left her body, when the light had left her eyes. He ran his fingers through his frosty hair and took a deep breath. Maybe the moon was wrong. He looked up in the sky, his eyes drifting towards the large white sphere in the sky.

"How can this be?" he asked the moon. As usual, it went without reply. "Answer me!" he yelled, but only the snow that began to fall heard it. He sat himself down in the snow and layer back with a heavy sigh.

"Oh Elsa..." Why did he feel so uneasy? There was just something about this all... he felt water run down his face and reached up and realised it was a tear. Was he crying? He sniffed and wiped the tears away in frustration. He was Jack Frost, spirit of winter. Fun was like his middle name. And most of all, he was a guardian. He shouldn't be crying. So why did the tears still fall?

He felt an empty feeling in the pit of his stomach and a heaviness in his chest. It was something he had felt rather often. Something that had appeared after Elsa had died and never fully went away. He forgot how much he had missed her, but talking about all of it, having a small amount of hope that she could be out there, brought back old feelings. If she was out there... he desperately hoped she hadn't been alone all this time. The loneliness would bring fear. Fear was her enemy, he knew.

He lifted a hand and started to make large wisps of snow in the crisp air. He watched it spin and fly for a while, enjoying the cold.

"...Jack?" a voice called over the whistle of the fast falling snow. Jack sat up.

"Jack!" he looked around but couldn't see far. The swirling snowflakes blocked him from seeing too far.

"Jack!" The voice was closer now. He spotted the contrast of green against the white of the snow.

"Tooth?" he called back.

"Jack, thank god I found you. You have to come back to the pole where North is. We found her, Jack!" He quickly flew into the air, his heart pounding loudly in his ears. It felt like a brick being thrown against his chest. He felt the rhythmic thump thump of it's beat from his feet to his head. A giddy excitement flew through him, but also a striking nervousness. Tooth and Jack finally arrived. North and Bunny were in the middle of a discussion while Sandy stood next to them, symbols flying above his head.

"Where is she?" Jack blurted out. The turned. North has a smile on his face.

"I told you we'd find her!" he bellowed.

"Where is she?" Jack repeated. North walked over to the globe and pointed to an area. Jack nodded. He should have guessed. It was the city where Arendelle used to be.

"I'll find her." The words tumbled out of his mouth. He never thought this day could be true. He was going to see her again. A smile crept across his face.

"Ahha!" he laughed with joy. The others looked at him like he was crazy, but he didn't mind. There was only one thing he could think about. Before any could protest, he flew at the window at top speed.

"I'm coming, Elsa."