Part Three

Daryl's POV
"Daryl" I heard a female voice say as something lightly shook my arm. "Daryl wake up" I open my eyes a little bit, just enough to see who decided to wake me up. It was Lori. I just grunted and shut my eyes again. "Daryl please?" I sighed and opened my eyes fully, firstly looking at the young girl who was still unconscious then at Lori.
"Rick needs some help with the walkers on the fence." He stated bluntly. I just stared at her. "Please would you go and help him? I'll watch her." She nodded towards the girl. I looked between the two girls. I wanted to be here when she woke up not stabbing walkers. Thankfully Hershel came in before I could answer.
"He can go in a moment. I need to check if she needs more blood and I'll need him here if she does." Hershel said. Lori looked annoyed but didn't protest, she just stormed off. I smiled smugly to myself and stood up to look at the girl.
"She's cold. Too cold." Hershel stated.
"Well what can we do?" I asked, wanting to help.
"Not much we can do. I don't think many people are willing to give up their blankets like you did."
"I didn't need it. She does" I said to the old man. I placed my hand on the girls forehead and he was right, she was ice cold. Hershel was looking at me like he was contemplating an idea.
"What?" I slightly snapped. He didn't say a word. He just moved his hand onto my forehead and held it there for a moment before nodding.
"You should lay next to her. She could use your body warm." He said. I felt uneasy at that request. Lay with a young girl who was practically naked who didn't know me. "She's weak Daryl, she needs help" Hershel said, as if he could read my thoughts. I let out a sigh and removed my jacket. I shifted the blanket that covered her and I slipped under it. I pulled it over both of us and laid close to her. Her skin was freezing. For some reason I automatically wrapped my arms around, carful not the knock her wounds. I laid my head down and just stayed there. "I'll be back in a few hours. Call me if she wakes up." He said and with that the old man left. I felt uncomfortable laying with this girl. She seemed so vulnerable. I just lay there thinking. And soon enough exhaustion took over.
After some time I was awoken be Hershel who asked me to get out of the bed so he could check her over.
"She's a lot better now. She could wake up anytime soon." He said. I really hoped she would. I put my jacket on and I left the room and went to help the others with the chores around the prison. But for some reason I couldn't get that girl or of my mind.
"Everything okay?" Carol asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh, yeah they're fine" I answered.
"Is it the girl you brought it?" She asked. She seemed to be really interested in the subject.
"Yer" I simply replied and went back to stabbing walkers on the fence.
"It doesn't seem like she'll wake up." Carol said whilst killing a walker. I threw down my weapon and stormed off. What did she know!? Of course she'll wake up. She has too. I didn't realise where I was going until I got there. It was back to her. I walked over to her and looked at her soft features of her face. I turned away and ran my hands through my hair. Dixon what the hecks wrong with you?
"Are you my angel?" I heard a soft sweet voice asked. It was so innocent. I shook my head and smiled. I turned to see the once unconscious girl awake. Her strong e/c eyes staring right at me. She herself, was like an angel.
"Nah" I started. "I may wear the wings, but I ain't no angel"