Part 13

Daryl's POV

And I didn't. I stayed with her as she slowly drifted back into a peaceful sleep. All that anger and harsh shell she had shown everyone had washed away for now. For now, she was at peace. I couldn't help but feel angry for neglecting her. I should have seen she wasn't eating. Her small fragile body shivered lightly as I gently brushed my fingers down her arm reassuringly. I slipped out the cell, carful not wake her. I grabbed my crossbow and decided to head out to hunt for a while and clear my head. Does she really like me? In the way I like her? No, she can't. She's beautiful, kind hearted and gentle and I'm... well look at yourself Daryl. You're nothing. I don't how but I ended up at the lake with the wild roses. I walked up to them and just admired them. I pick one, the best one I could see. I smiled to myself thinking of much she'd smiled when I gave it to her. I suddenly heard a noise behind me and like lightning I turned and pointed my crossbow and the man who tried to creep up on me. He was older than me I thought, he had short grey hair and was quite tall and slender. He put his hands up in a mock defeated manner.
"Hey, no trouble! Just need to ask you a question" his voice was authoritative yet soothing. "I'm looking for a girl." I looked at him questionably, not letting my crossbow down. "She's *description of you* , she's from my place of residence and has gone missing. We fear she's been kidnapped."
He described y/n perfectly. "I ain't seen a girl like that" I lied. He narrowed his eyes at me.
"Really? Because that arrow in your crossbow looks awfully like the ones in the skulls of the dead back there at that burnt up camp."
"What of it?" I spat back. Not playing his games. I don't know who this man is but he's not having y/n.
"Well... Looks like your not going to tell me what I need to hear." He said. His face turning to anger. He nodded and before I could realise what was going on, a bag went over my face and someone hit me around the back of the head... all I remember was darkness.

Y/N POV

I woke up softly on my own account. Nothing disturbed my sleep for the first time in a long while. I slowly opened my eyes hoping Daryl was still sat next to me but to my disappointment he was gone. I sighed and sat myself up. I looked around the cell which I call my room. Something caught my eye on the chair Daryl had been sat on. Laid carefully where three roses. I smiled and picked them up gently, noticing the darkened petals because they had slowly began to wilt without water. I gently stroked the dying petals and my smile grew when I realised Daryl must have left them. He was the only one who knew about the wild roses. I stood up and laid the roses on my pillow and stepped out of my room to find him. I went to cell but he wasn't there so I went downstairs but no avail. He must be outside. I went to leave when Rick came in.
"I'm happy to see you're up and about y/n" he said smiling. I smiled back.
"Have you seen Daryl?" I asked and he just grinned.
"He went hunting. It's getting dark out so he'll be back any minute now." He replied. I felt so at ease and happy that I hugged him. He hugged back.
"Thank you!" I whispered. I moved away from the hug and smiled at him before leaving. I went out to the courtyard hoping to see him when he came back. I perched myself in the lookout tower and tried to spot him.
Panic soon set in when the sky grew darker and stars began to shine. No sign of him. I waited a little while longer remembering when we climbed in the trees to escape. Before I knew it, might had fully washed over and Daryl wasn't back. I went back into the prison hoping he had come back and I hadn't seen, even though I knew that was impossible. I walked in and everyone was looking at me. Rick came rushing over and held my arms.
"Y/N don't panic. He hasn't come back and we need you to track him." I felt my heart race, pounding my chest. My head was filled with awful thought and my eyes threatened tears. I turned to rush out the door to start tracking when Rick held me tighter. "You can't go now it's too dangerous."
"I'm going!" I yelled and broke from his grubbed. I grabbed my bow and quiver, a gun and a knife and stormed out the prison. I didn't check to see if anyone was following me... I needed to find him... I needed him.