Part Five

Y/N POV

I have to get out of here. I have to get back to my camp and see what's happened, for all I know they could be lying to me and what I saw was just a bad dream. I needed to know and couldn't wait for that Daryl guy to take me. I uncovered myself from the blanket and noticed I was just in my underwear which made me uneasy. I looked at the bandages around my middle. Shot twice? No wonder I hurt. My left arm was also in a sling, I must have broken it. I ground my teeth together as got off the table wincing in pain but trying not to make a sound. I found my clothes on a nearby chair and started to dress myself. I managed to get my top on with slight difficulty and noticed the holes in them and the dried blood. I sighed and picked up my jeans to noticed a leg was missing. I looked around for something to cut the other leg off with but to no avail. I pulled them on regardless, and noticed the giant slash I had on my left leg. I walked, well, shuffled to the door and put my ear against it.
"I'll go to her camp and look for any clues." I heard the redneck say. I waited until I heard footsteps and they disappeared. I opened the door and peered out. It was clear. I moved as fast as I could to the exit passing a table with weapons on. I stole a knife and a pistol with full ammo. I opened the front door and was blinded by sunlight. I waited for my eyes to adjust and looked around. Damn. The gate was guarded. I looked around and saw a hole in the fence, it had been chained up but I could slip out of it I was sure. I quickly and sneakily raced over and shifted my way through the gap and looked around for the redneck. Got him. I crept up and started to follow him when a strong pain raced through my gut. I put my hand on it trying not to make a sound. I moved my hand away and noticed blood. Fresh blood. I had spilt my wound open. I took a deep breath and carried on following him. I got further and further until I felt weak. Too weak. My vision started to go slightly blurry but I needed to see my camp. I couldn't walk straight and I tripped over falling to my knees and holding myself up with my right hand. Suddenly I heard the unmistakable groan of a walker.
"Shit" I muttered. I shifted myself so I was on my back. I could see the walker making its way towards me. I got the pistol and aimed at his head. I sighed and dropped my arm and I just laid my head back. If my camp really was gone, would there be any point in staying alive? I looked at my bloody hand from where the bullet hole had spilt open. I sighed and looked at the walker. He got closer and closer and just as he was about to go to the floor to eat me alive an arrow shot straight through his skull and he collapsed dead. I laid my head back again and looked at the sky through the trees. Saved again. I let tears rolled down my face as I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me.
"What the hell you doin out here!?" He yelled. I didn't answer. "You should be at the prison."
"I should be dead!" I yelled back. "I should be dead." I repeated quieter.
"No you shouldn't. I saved your ass twice now."
"Well maybe you shouldn't have! Hopefully third time I'll get lucky!" I shouted wincing in pain as my anger caused me to tense. I sighed again and just closed my eyes. Suddenly I heard him step closer. I was half expecting to kick me or knock me out but he didn't. In fact by the sounds of it he's... no... is he? Is he laying next to me? I opened my eyes and looked left to see him laying on his back looking up at the sky next to me. I looked back to the sky and smiled slightly.
"You know you've gotta go back some point right?" He asked in a softer tone.
"Yeah I guess" I replied.
"I'll take you to your camp. In a moment. I promise but trust me when I say it ain't pretty no more." He said. He sounded sympathetic in an odd way.
"I know." I said and just shut my eyes enjoying the sun on my face. I needed to see my camp and Daryl understood that. Maybe he's not so bad after all.