1. New Member

"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know."
- Diane Arbus

"Team."

The entire BAU team looks up to see Agent Prentiss as she looks out her office.

"There is going to be a new member of the BAU team arriving in a few days. "

Everyone looks at her questiongly, but she doesn't meet their eyes.

"I expect you all to welcome her when she arrives."

• • •

Winter Eve glances down at the paper in her hand. This was the address Agent Prentiss had told her to come to. An apartment she had put in her name. She was supposed to meet someone here, but there isn't anyone—

"Winter? Winter Eve?"

She turns to see a big, colorful woman come towards come towards her. She hugs Winter as she awkwardly freezes for a second before awkwardly patting her on the back.

"I'm Penelope Garcia," she says, shaking her hand when she finally lets go. "You must be Winter Eve."

"Well, if I wasn't, that would be awkward for the both of us," Winter softly replies.

Penelope smiles.

"Sorry that I'm a little late. I got caught up talking to an agent for a little bit, and I had to make up a story, so I could get here. Emily told me I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about you quite yet, so it took a lot of fancy talk."

"I'm sorry, did you say Emily?" Winter inquires.

"Yes, Emily Prentiss. I'm sorry. I forgot you two just met."

Winter gives her an assuring look as Penelope continues.

"Anyways, you'll be in the apartment across from mine."

She grabs one of Winter's suitcases and heads toward the building.

"Come on! We've got to get your key from Camden, and then we can go in and get you all settled!"

Winter follows her and signs a few papers, making her lease official.

"Well, I like it," she says as she first walks in. "I mean, it's a bit small, but...in a cozy sort of way."

"The kitchen is over here, and the living room is over there. There's two bedrooms down the hallway along with the bathroom," Penelope directs. "I have the same apartment except it's across the hall, so you can come over any time you want.

"Oh! It's going to be so much fun having someone to talk to here, and it's like I already know you, but not in a personal way. It's like in that creepy, Facebook, stalker-ish type of way."

She pauses as she sees Winter's reaction.

"Probably not the best way to get to know someone, but in my defense, it was for a friend, so..." she trails off.

"How much do you know about me exactly?" Winter asks.

"Well...only everything you put online...ever. That and everything about your past."

Winter sighs.

"Look, I understand that I am risking myself to that mad man, but you need to know I'll do anything to help those in danger," Penelope admits.

"So, when will the rest of your things arrive?" she asks, changing the subject.

Winter gives her a soft smile, glad that she could sense her past was a bad topic.