Perfect Date [Changki]

Request: Changki

Changkyun's fingers tap on the table. His heart continues to beat loudly in his chest.

He's not going to show up, is he?

Changkyun glances around at the busy restaurant. It's Valentine's Day and the restaurant is packed. Luckily, he had reserved his table months ago. Back then, at least, everything seemed okay.

He is angry at himself for causing the fight, but their relationship fell apart months ago when Changkyun moved to Seoul. His boyfriend, Hyungwon, didn't have much fight left in him. They stayed together, but they didn't have a spark anymore.

Changkyun hates himself for falling out of love, but he hates Hyungwon even more for ditching him on Valentine's Day.

His phone on the table vibrates, and Changkyun rolls his eyes when he sees it is a text from Hyungwon.

Hyungwonnie: uh this is weird, but this is me breaking up with you. Let's still be friends?

Changkyun isn't surprised, and he doesn't feel anything. He just takes another drink of his red wine. It feels nice, but it's probably not going to get him as drunk as he wants to. He's glad they broke up, but now he looks stupid being here all alone.

The waiter, a male with bright pink hair that has a smile that definitely doesn't make his heart speed up (because Changkyun is a normal 20 year old who is totally not feeling like he's in high school again), walks over and pours him another glass of wine.

"Did you get ditched?" The male, Kihyun according to his nametag, offers him a sad smile.

Changkyun knows he's pathetic, and maybe he hates himself a bit more for wanting the stranger to stay around. Maybe he hates the waiter with pink hair and cute smile too. Maybe he hates Hyungwon for letting their relationship fall apart. He can't do anything but nod.

"You're cute. My shift ends in 20 minutes if you can make it until then."

Changkyun had no idea why he nods his head, but he does and then the waiter disappears.

He sips on his whine, wondering why the hell he agreed to wait on the cute waiter. He had no idea what the male had in mind, or who the hell he even was. Changkyun had been to the restaurant with Hyungwon many times before, but he never saw anyone with pink hair.

Changkyun is brought out of his thoughts when a certain male sits in the chair across from him. He takes Changkyun's glass from him and drinks the remaining wine.

"I got off early because I told my boss you're my boyfriend," Kihyun flashes a soft smile.

Changkyun ignores the fact that it makes his face heat up and he leans back in his chair. "Why are you wasting time with me anyways?" He hates that he's pushing Kihyun away, but he doesn't want to trust anyone. Trusting means getting hurt.

Kihyun takes off his waiter's apron and folds it. "It's Valentine's Day. A cute guy got ditched and I'm single. Plus, I've seen you and your ex-boyfriend here before, Changkyun, and you're way too good for him. So let's have a date, and if I'm so bad, then we can never see each other again. You can agree to that deal, right?" He leans his head on his hand, looking at Changkyun with eyes that Hyungwon never had for him.

"One date," Changkyun sighs. "But you're paying."

Kihyun rolls his eyes. "We'll see about that."

Changkyun learns a lot about Kihyun. He's 21 and he is in his last year of college to be a elementary school teacher. He talks a lot about his roomate Jooheon and how he doesn't clean up. He's a clean freak, and maybe Changkyun realizes he needs someone like that to push him. He's a good student. He also dated Hyungwon at one point, and it ended really badly.

They spend two hours talking, and Changkyun does end up paying. He doesn't want to date to end, so he quickly grabs Kihyun's hand.

"Let's go to the park, okay?"

Kihyun's face heats up and he complains about the cold, but Changkyun doesn't miss the soft smile on his face as they drive in Changkyun's car. He also notices Kihyun shyly holds his hand for the whole drive, almost whining when Changkyun lets go to park the car.

Changkyun opens his door and almost screams because Kihyun is so cute when he reaches for his hand the second they are on the walking trail. He defiently notices when Kihyun walks closer to him.

"Changkyun, it's cold," he whines with big eyes looking up at him.

Changkyun knows its a bit cold, but Kihyun is wearing a long sleeved shirt so he can't be freezing. He easily give in though. He pulls off his overcoat and puts it around Kihyun's shoulders. Changkyun is left in a black buttoned up, but he doesn't mind it when Kihyun's smile is so big.

"You're so cute," he accidently whispers.

He almost regrets saying it when Kihyun punches his arm, but behind his hard demeanor, Kihyun is blushing and biting his lip to keep from smiling.

"Shut up!" Kihyun growls when Changkyun laughs at him.

The worst part of their date is when Changkyun stands in front of Kihyun's apartment, and Changkyun knows he has to say goodbye. Kihyun is holding onto Changkyun's jacket that he is still wearing, and Changkyun knows that look in his eyes.

He wants me to kiss him.

Changkyun doesn't though. They don't exchange numbers, Changkyun doesn't take his jacket back, and Kihyun goes inside.

Changkyun just had the perfect date with the perfect person, but he ruins it all.

And he hates himself for it more than he ever hated himself for his relationship with Hyungwon.

A/n: inspired by an episode of How I Met Your Mother

I can do a second part for this if anyone wants! I loved every second of writting this, but its 10:30 and my writting is garbage, sorry if they are ooc,,

Comment your requests here!!