Author's Note

This preface was originally added retroactively to address the early reception to and development of this story, via beta readers and notes from FanFiction.net. 

This is a novelization of Fire Emblem: Awakening – in early chapters, you'll find that it follows the source content relatively 1:1. My purpose here was to delve further into character development for the many wonderful individuals who appear in FE:A, to flesh out the great potential that the original plot provides. This required a certain amount of backbone and setup from the source; as  a result, the first few chapters read much like a prettied-up script, laced with all the campy joy that is Fire Emblem. But in the true spirit of a Classic run of FE, be prepared for more than a few darker turns than what one would see in the game. There's no save-scumming here.

Exactly two years and two days passed from my initial posting of Chapter 1 to the final upload of Chapter 25 and the epilogue, via Fanfiction. Over those two years, my writing improved drastically, and the characters grew in directions that even I didn't foresee when I was going through original drafting ideas. I found myself diverting from the original storyline to facilitate a narrative that lends itself to storytelling, as opposed to gameplay . We can't truly fault Nintendo for the way the story unfolds in the occasionally clunky manner, because a turn-based RPG tends to prioritize gameplay – and rightfully so . 

That being said, it has been such a fantastic and nourishing experience to work on this project. This final draft is dedicated to all my wonderful readers who supported me "live" as each chapter rolled out, for their patience when I'd go on unpredictable hiatus, and for their constant feedback and encouragement. And a special thanks to galia-and-kitty and Liirin, the fantastic artists that helped breathe and paint this story into life. You'll find their artwork in this e-book, but I encourage you to take the time to check them out on DeviantArt as well! 

I digress. Thanks for clicking, and happy reading!

Please note: all art used in this story is not to be reproduced or used in any fashion

Please note: all art used in this story is not to be reproduced or used in any fashion. Permissions belong solely to myself, Liirin Risun, and galia-and-kitty.