Chapter 23

I look around and I'm somewhere where I've never been before. Lots of people have their umbrellas up and some are running for shelter and warmth, while I'm alone, nothing keeping me warm and dry, and walking slowly while looking down. People are giving me faces, but I try to ignore. I cross my arms and I try to keep myself warm, wiping tears off my face. The rain is now dying down, but it's still raining a lot. "I should uber" I say in my head. I find a random bench and sit down and go on my phone to get an uber. They said that they would come soon, so I waited, with my knees by my chest.

****

The uber arrived 15 minutes later and I ran inside. "Hello" I say "can you please..."
"Y/N, is that you?" Confused, I don't know who it is. "Excuse me?" The person then turns around and gives me a shocked and confused look. "What are you doing all the way here?"
"Phil? What are you doing here?"
"I'm doing my friends job for the hour since he got sick" he says "but, you never answered my question, what happened?" I look down and I start to tear up, choking up. "Was it Dan" I hear someone else say "I swear that man...."
"Na..then" I say "what i..s he do..ing here?"
"Well for one thing he called for an uber" Phil says "and I didn't agree, but he told me, a lot, and I forgive him." Nathen then jumps in the back with me and Phil starts to drive back home. "Was is Dan" Nathen asks. I nod, sobbing falling onto his shoulder. Nathen rubs my shoulder while shaking his head. "I knew he was into trouble" he says "I just...."
"He didn't just break up with me though" I say "some random girl just kissed him and said that she was his girlfriend and I couldn't believe him, but when she kissed him, he didn't even try to pull away! I ran out and he kept saying "no no I don't like her" and I just....I just....I couldn't do anything at all! I just sobbed and he did nothing!"
"I never heard you talk so much" Nathen says "but either way, I told you I warned you, you didn't listen."
"I know" I said "I'm sorry, but I couldn't just trust my ex.."
"Tell you what" he says "I forgive you, I hope you forgive me too.."
"I do" I say "and I'm really sorry for yelling over at you...."
"No please" he says "I deserved it." We arrived at the apartment and the boys took me upstairs. "What are you gonna do about Dan" I ask Phil. He says quiet until we arrived inside the home. "I'll take care of it" he says "just go to your room, Nathen is gonna stay for a bit, he could go in your room too, if he wants. I then hug Phil tightly. "I knew you would always keep an eye on me" I whisper. He hugs me back, then I head into my room with Nathen following me. I sigh and sat down on my bed and Nathen sits on my desk chair, and we stay quiet. "So" I say "I got a job in New York, but I don't know if I wanna go."
"That's funny" he says "I got a job there too, this is kinda awkward, but I'm leaving in two days, and I kinda wanted to say bye, but only if you would forgive me."
"How did you get a job there?"
"Filming, well like I'm starting to film things so."
"Do you think, I could go, with you?" He looked shocked at first, then smiled. "You can" he says "but only if you feel comfortable, I'm moving into a small apartment there so I mean, you don't have to move in with...."
"No no no" I laugh "I'm not planning to move there yet, maybe I see some apartments there and maybe see my job there too? I can stay with you?"
"Talk to Phil about it" he says "then I could maybe come back tomorrow?"
"Ok then." He gets up, but I run up to him and give him a hug. "What's this for" he asks. "For actually caring for your ex" I say. He chuckles, then we let go and he leaves the room. He says goodbye to Phil and he leaves the house. I then sit back on my bed, and cry. Phil runs in giving me a tight hug. "I knew this wasn't meant to be" I say "I knew this was gonna happen."
"You deserve better" he says "I also heard you and Nathen talking about New York, how is that?" He let's go and we are both staring at each other. He gives me my box of tissues and I blow my nose. "Do you think I could stay with Nathen for a bit when he goes to New York in two days? Just to see if I'm gonna stay there and maybe look at my future job?" Phil then smiles and gives me a hug. "Whatever you want, you do" he says "either way, I'll be happy for you." I smile and hug him tightly.
"Then I'll do it."