Can't Help It

Alfred tapped his foot impatiently.

Ethan begged him to double date with "some hot college chicks at a college party" and the jerk forgot to mention that it was just one college chick and her high school sister, specifically Rosalind and Heather Bing. Alfred could just strangle him.

Rosalind was Ethan's date but she's been riding her foot up Alfred's pant leg since they sat on the couch. Heather seemed to have forgotten how she cheated on him and currently had her c-cups pressed against his arm, whispering into his ear about doing certain things to convince him into taking her back.

He was certain that she'd done the same thing with that college kid, and his blood boiled at the memory, remembering the humiliation and sting of betrayal that imploded in him when he caught the two red-handed. Heather didn't even bother to explain herself, and frankly, Alfred was glad she didn't. He wasn't sure of what he would've done if she stepped out of the guy's car.

He flinched and scolded himself for thinking about hitting her.

He was raised by a woman who believed in treating everyone respectfully, but at the same time she put emphasis on never hitting a lady or gentleman who didn't stand a chance against him. Stiff upper lip and all that bullshit.

Alfred pinched the bridge of his nose. Ethan and Rosalind already slipped upstairs, most likely in her old bedroom.

"Aw, what's wrong, baby?" Heather's fingers crawled on his thigh and he slid off the couch.

"I just remembered I gotta go visit a friend" He lied and picked up his jacket from the armrest and slipped it on. It still had [Name]'s scent. The faintest trace of a rose, and not the barf-inducing kind with many perfumes, it was soft and gentle.

"I'll come with"

He raised a hand before Heather could get up. "Ah, no. You wouldn't like her"

She pushed her chest forward "I'm sure we'll get along just fine"

[Name] came into mind and Alfred smiled "I doubt it"

"What am I supposed to do then?" Heather pursed her lips together.

"I don't know. How about your sister's ex this time?" Alfred tried not to snicker at her reaction: her jaw hung from surprise, then her brows furrowed in rage and her cheeks flared with embarrassment. "Bye, Heather"

He turned and sauntered out the Bing house. He started his truck and headed for the nearest McDonald's.

As he passed the town cinema, he caught sight of a familiar form standing outside. She checked her watch, and Alfred rolled down his window. "Out on a date?"

[Name] tipped her chin "I'm not required to answer that"

"I'll take that as a yes. What kind of jerk left his date on her own?"

"Down, Killer" She cocked a brow, "Maybe he went for popcorn"

He tilted his head.

"I'm not on a date, Football. I haven't been on a date since I was a sophomore" She admitted as she sipped on her slushie "I came a little late and now I have to wait for an entire hour before I can watch my movie"

Alfred glanced over to the list of Now Showing and stared back at her with wide eyes "You plan to watch It Comes at Night on your own—you do realize it's already ten o'clock, don't you?"

"I'm no pussy"

"I don't see a car anywhere. How do you plan on getting home?" There was something more than simple compassion working its way through his words, this wasn't concern for a random girl; he was worried for [Name]. Though tiny there were a lot of sickos in Blackwell.