Chapter 1- The School

Added a song 'The Phoenix' by Fall Out Boy. I think it shows Leo's attitude well. 

********

The car drove up the long path to the school (after many long hours of shopping) and I saw the school up ahead. It looked like a medieval castle. Ava stared at it, her excitement giving me a headache.

"Its amazing Leo!" Ava thought to me, her voice loud in my head.

You see Ava and I aren't normal; we can do things that most people would freak out at. Ava can read minds; implant thought's into their heads and has visions. I can move objects with my mind, and do many other things that I don't want to name. There was this guy called Damius Thompson, and he was a son-of-a bitch. Damius was part of a group who called themselves EOS, Emissary of Shadows. And he made it his mission to capture Ava due to her powers; EOS took people with gifts and used them to do their dirty work.

 And they would get them to do it by any means, like taking families and threatening to hurt them. Anyway Damius took over the Children's Home as the Headmaster where Ava and I used to live, by killing the Headmistress. To put it short he tried to take Ava and he nearly came close, I used my powers and managed to stop him. So he decided to blow the place up. And here we are now; in a car making our way to this school that teaches people like us to control their powers. When the Headmistress (completely different one) told Ava and I about this, I was uncertain, but I didn't sense any lies from her.  What she didn't know was that I had powers; the Headmistress thought I was normal and I was going to keep it that way, until I knew I could trust her and the school, I wasn't going to say anything. I never trusted people easily, I used too. But it always backfired with me when I used to live on the streets, and now I find trusting people really hard.

"Aren't you excited Leo?" Ava asked me, her eyes shining.

I felt a smile tug at the corners of my mouth.

"I don't know, should I?" I teased her.

Ava punched me on the shoulder.

"A two-year-old punches better!" My smile got bigger.

Ava narrowed her eyes at me in mock anger. "Oh really, then take it like a man and stop whining!"

"Whatever," I grinned.

I looked out and noticed that the car was stopping at the fence; a guard sat in a glass box and waved us in. The gate opened and the car drove through. Trees were everywhere on either side of me, the car stopped at the front doors after driving around the fountain, which was a statue of a dragon with water coming out of its mouth. I could have sworn I saw it blink. Ava and I got out of the car and I saw two huge oak doors with the emblem of the school carved on it. The emblem had a shield in the middle with swords crossing together and two dragons, their tails entwined and holding a purple ball in their claws. Above the door caved in stone it said, "Courage, Intuition and Loyalty."

The Headmistress got out of the car; she talked to the man (don't know his name, he didn't bother to tell us) and drove off down the path.

"Come children," The Headmistress said, walking up the steps to the oak doors.

"We're not children," Ava said.

The Headmistress stopped and turned to face her, eyes full of amusement. "To me you are."

And with that she walked through the doors.

Ava looked at me, confusion on her face, "Is she a whack job?"

I laughed silently to myself and shook my head.

"I'm not getting any younger!" The Headmistress called.

We followed her through the doors, and I felt my breath stop in my throat. Stonewalls were on either side of me with statues of knights evenly spaced on both sides. For a roof there was an arch, showing detailed drawings of battles, dragons fighting along side people, ruins also were on the arch, they looked like as if they were almost glowing. I shook my head it was impossible. There were two stairs to either side curving to meet the next level; between the two staircases was a hallway.

"Beautiful isn't it?" The Headmistress smiled, looking up at the arch. "I never grow tired of it."

"It is," Ava breathed, her eyes shining. "Why are they glowing?"

"Protection my dear," The Headmistress replied, and that was all she gave.

She walked up the left stairway and walked through the halls, there were doors on either side.

"This building, houses the students dorms and Dining Hall," She began. "Breakfast starts at seven, lunch twelve and dinner at six."

The Headmistress stopped at a door. "There are separate dorms for girls and boys, but for your case since it is unusual." She looked at me than, "I'll let you two share a room together."

She opened the door and turned to us, "Well why not see for yourself?"

Without hesitation Ava went in, I paused and face the Headmistress.

"Thank you for all you have done," I whispered. While I didn't trust her, I wasn't going to be rude when she did a lot for Ava and I.

Her eyes shone. "You don't trust me."

It wasn't a question, but a fact.

I didn't say anything.

A sigh escaped her lips, "A warning, you two are an unusual case, as I've said before." She looked at me, her face serious. "There will be some students who will not like it, and they in turn will make you an outcast. And most possibly make your stay here a living hell."

I smirked at her last words. "That's fine by me. I don't care what people think of me, I can defend myself just fine."

"This school doesn't teach normal kids, as you will see. But be careful that you don't anger some of them, because it can turn nasty."

"Thanks for the warning miss, but I can take care of myself," I replied holding her gaze.

The Headmistress nodded, "That I don't doubt."

Suddenly her eyes changed to knowing. "I think you are much more than you let on."

I froze at that, nothing got past her.  

The Headmistress began to walk down the hall; she stopped and turned her gaze holding amusement. "By the way Mr. Jones this dorm houses girls, due to the fact we were expecting your sister I think you can understand why."

She walked off, leaving me dumfounded.

*******************

Hello people! Sorry for the LLLOOOOONNNGGGG wait but I do have a life! :P Anyway here is the first chapter for the second book, its going to be awesome! 

Remember to,

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

(Oh yeah, like the cover? Did it myself. Quite proud of it!)

Love all my readers (not in the weird way)

Ghostwatcher11 ;)