Chapter 4- Ava Goes Badass

"But," The Headmistress continued, her eyes sparkling. "You can find out who they are for yourself, it's not my job to introduce you all. With so many people here I cannot be bothered to do it."

A few people chuckled.

"Now lets eat because I'm starving!"

Everyone laughed at that last sentence. The Headmistress held up her hand and I felt a change in the air, like something super charged. And then a burst of light that nearly blinded me and suddenly all the tables were filled to the brim with food and cutlery. Delgardo quickly started to fill his plate up, I followed suit. Once everyone's plates were full (Delgardo's being the biggest) we started to eat. The food was like heaven on my taste bugs, the school just got bonus points. Once our plates were clean and we finished desert, the Headmistress bid us farewell and everyone stood up and headed towards the door. I was talking to Rob who was a bit ahead of the group when I bumped into a person.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"You should be," A deep voice snarled.

I got a better look at the person who I bumped into and I instantly disliked this guy. He had blond hair with natural light highlights, a white T-shirt that suited his frame; he wore jeans that I could see were expensive and black converse shoes. The guy had clear blue eyes that showed hostility and a sneer was on his face. Yep, this guy had 'I'm better than you' written all over him.

"Eric," Rob whispered, his eyes wide with fright.

Eric smirked and turned his gaze to me, we were about the same height, trying to intimidate me by size wouldn't work.

"So you're the normal everyone's been talking about," His voice full of disgust.

"And you're the person whose a dickhead," I snarled back.

Eric stepped closer to me, "You have no idea what I can do."

"Oh? Am I meant to be pissing my pants? Because you're doing a horrible job at it."

Eric clenched his jaw.

"Do you mind buddy," I spat the last word. "You're getting too cuddly for me."

He stepped back anger in his eyes. "I have the ability to control peoples emotions to the point where I can control and kill them."

A smile spread across his face and he turned to face Rob. Rob whimpered and his eyes started widened in terror. It was weird. I could sense Eric forcing fear into Rob, like some sort of connection. Imagine a line connecting Rob to Eric, and Eric pushing the emotion through that line into Rob. I could sense that line and the emotion that Eric sent, to the point that if I wanted to I could cut it in half. That's how I saw it anyway.

"Please stop," Rob whimpered.

"Only if you beg," He smirked.

I wanted to stop Eric from doing this, but I didn't know how to cut the connection off. I looked around and saw Ava with the rest of the group chatting.

They were no help.

I couldn't cut the connection off because I didn't know how, but I can intervene. I curled my hand into a fist and punched Eric in the face and his head snapped back. I felt Eric's influence over Rob cut off. Rob sighed in relief.

"You bastard!" Eric roared. His right eye was starting to swell.

"Then don't mess with my friends," I snarled.

I then felt Eric tempering with my emotions, my heart started to pound as I felt Eric implant fear into me. If there was one thing I hated the most was someone forcing their influence on me. Eric was an example of this; he was tempering with my emotions and forcing his power on me. I hated that. White-hot anger shot through me.