CHAPTER TWO

"Because this is the only place I can be with you. In my dreams. In the places between my imagination."

∞ ∞ ∞

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

THE ANTICIPATION

∞ ∞ ∞

RUDRA SHAH HAD JUST finished his nightshift. He had been in the ER for the past twenty-four hours. To say he was tired would be an understatement. He was exhausted. These days, he didn't know when he woke up or when he fell asleep. Life seemed to have taken a grey turn- he always running to get somewhere, anywhere. To save a life or attempt not to lose another. Tossing the whitecoat on his arm, he strode to the doctor lounge- hoping to catch a quick snack before heading out.

He was stopped by a fellow resident, Jacob Chen raced towards him. The dark haired man was rarely ever this excited. "Rudra, yo- have you seen new salesrep for Sunlit pharmaceutical. I swear she's just as lit as sunlight."

"Really now? Where is she?"

Jacob pointed to the main desk- where indeed a brunette beauty stood in a dark, velvet coat and tight skirt. Long strands of hair curled around her narrow waist. She stood with a clipboard and few files- waiting for the doctors.

Rudra swore under his breath. "Hot damn."

"Exactly. She's taking me out for lunch to discuss the benefits of their new anti-inflammatory drug. Wanna join?"

He checked his watch. It was close to three o'clock in the afternoon and he was absolutely famished. Casting one last look at the salesrep, he nodded. "Absolutely."

"Your girlfriend won't mind, right?"

At this thought, Rudra stopped. For a second, he thought of Adhira- her dark black hair and dusky skin. He didn't think much- his mind was too tired to think of their old memories. She wouldn't mind. Of-course, she wouldn't. It was only lunch, right?

"Nah, we'll be fine."

"But still- "Jacob suddenly hesitant- thinking of the lovely, kind Indian girl he had met few times before- how kindly she had helped his mother find him in the hospital. "You should atleast text her about it."

Irritated, Rudra ran a hand through his hair. "Dr. Chen, why do you care? It's not like she's your girlfriend."

"I wish she were though." He patted his back. "She's the type of beauty that doesn't fade over time."

At this, Rudra didn't respond. He simply shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll be in the car with the salesrep. Don't take too long." Jacob rushed back to the woman, leaving a numb Rudra. He didn't even know what he was doing anymore.