CHAPTER THREE (part 2)

"The fear kills me inside. The fear of losing you. But if you truly loved me, I would never have this fear to begin with."

∞ ∞ ∞

SHE HAD ENOUGH

SHE HAD ENOUGH. In a daze, she received her car keys from the guard and started to walk towards the parking lot.

For once, it was like the fog in-front her eyes was lifting and she was seeing things clearly. All the things her friends, family had said made sense. He didn't care about her. Not even in the slightest.

Walking away with the scraps of dignity she had left, she barely could see anything in front of her. The tears were blurring her vision, the world, the reality- the velvet, stirring stormy night sky.

You know she expected it to be like in the movies. Where the hero and heroine fight and the hero chases after his girl. Nothing like that was happening. She was walking to her car. Alone. Tears streaming down her face. No-one behind her- only the sound of her shoes clicking against the road. Even her shadow had abandoned her in the darkness.

The parking lot was filled with shiny, brand new cars. She clicked her car's keypad several times to locate her Toyota Camry. It was an embarrassing sight- as she cried and the guard was watching her from the entrance.

She bit her lower lip. Her feet were ready to give up any moment now. She felt faint headed from not having eaten all day. For him. For this bloody man who didn't give a damn about her. She had starved all day; she had tortured her body so much. She had smiled through the blisters on her feet.

For a man who didn't give a damn.

Why? Why? Why? Why?

The sound of her sobs were covered by the roaring sound of thunder. Finally, after what seemed like ages, she found her car parked in the furthest corner. She clicked it open.

Before getting in, her heart got its way. She looked over her shoulder. At the sparkling Indian Cultural center. Hoping for him to manifest from thin air. But there was no-one behind her.

Just lifeless cars- metal lined against metal.

∞ ∞ ∞

T W O   H O U R S    A G O

Rudra had disappeared with that slender woman in fiery red and had yet to appear again. Aditya, Rudra's brother was dancing with Adhira. Over the loud music, their steps were incredibly floppy because of Adhira's lack of enthusiasm. Every other second, she glanced at the entrance. She trusted Rudra not to cheat on her but it didn't help the queasy feeling she felt.

Aditya noticed this and tried to ease her worry. But instead, he ended up making her more worried.

"...that was Sasha Patel." He answered when Adhira asked about the woman. "Daughter of Rohit and Mehak Patel, the owner of Kohinoor diamonds. They're our good family friends. Been with us when there was no-one"