chapter one - kid-NAP-ping. sort of.

"Sir, I'm taking Jaco with me?"

"Yes, (Y/N). He will not be there to fight. He is a backup and lookout."

"Very well."

You didn't dislike Jaco, but you weren't in the mood. The space pirates you were called to defeat must have been tough- it had been a while since you, the Deputy of the Galactic Patrol, had been called in for an emergency.

Stepping out of the office, you spotted Jaco, ready to go. "Galactic Elite Jaco, reporting for duty!" He posed in his usual odd fashion.

A chuckle escaped your lips. "You never cease to amuse me, it seems."

"Amuse you?! I'm an Elite, not a comedian!"

"In any case, let's get going. Remember, don't step in the fighting unless I tell you to. Got that?" Your eyes changed slightly, to a more serious look.

"I didn't plan to anyway! I'd prefer to just...help! Leave the fighting to Deputy (Y/N)!" Jaco exclaimed.

Closing your eyes in exasperation, you stepped into your ship, Jaco following. It wasn't the first time he saw it, but whenever he rode in this thing, it filled him with awe. The functionality wasn't much different at all, but it was quite comfortable. You started the ship, entering the coordinates of the planet you were heading to, and took off.

"So, how's it been, Deputy (Y/N)?" Jaco asked.

"Drop the Deputy already. Never understood why you always do that."

"Yes, ma'am!" Jaco said a bit quickly. Clearly he feared you, for whatever reason.

"Thank you. In any case, I've been fine. I'm ready to knock some skulls." You cracked your knuckles, scaring Jaco again.

Soon you were near the planet that the space pirates were terrorizing. "Keep watch. I'm going in."

You flew down to the planet and immediately noticed the unfolding chaos. It was a small planet, one the pirates easily dominated.

An ugly goon came up to you. "Get outta here! This is the Green Gang's planet!"

"No thanks." A ki beam shot from your finger and went through the goon's shoulder. "Give up or die. It's real simple."

He still got up and prepared to attack you. Another ki beam. Straight through his head. He fell, lifeless. "I said give up or die. Why can't you follow instructions?"

You walked forward. Many of the minion guys scattered.

Beep!

"Jaco, what is it?"

"(Y/N)! Someone's approaching the planet! You sho-"

A blindingly bright flash. Then darkness.

You were floating....

"Wake up!"

"...."

"(Y/N), c'mon! I'll have to explain...."

Blink.

"I'm awake, I'm awake."

"(Y/N)! T-that planet was just destroyed!" Jaco exclained.

"Destroyed?"

You painfully sat up. Sure enough, particles of a once-chaotic planet floated in the air.

"How'd I survive?" you asked.

"I don't know! We shouldn't tell anyone about this. Say it was destroyed before we got here, please?!" Jaco said.