Introduction

My brother was 12-22-96-1:34

He chose his name when he was only 2. I never used his number. When I was born, he already had a name; Prodigy.

Prodigy: a young person showing exceptional skills and talents.

They call it a choice.
But you don't choose it.

I was born 10-30-99-8:11. The day you're born and the time. Your numbers are imprinted on your arm when you're born and they don't go away until you've named yourself.

You don't control it

Everyone tells me it's like a boulder being lifted off your shoulders. The long numbers disappear from your arm, leaving clean skin. You replace your number with a name that gives you a sense of meaning and pride. Or so they tell me.

When you have a name, you have a purpose.

I come from a family of elite names and I was expected to be one of them.

Elite name: persons named at a very young age. Ideally under 8 years. Possess leadership skills and exceptional talent.

But I'm not.

My mother, Pride, was named at the age of 5.

Pride: a consciousness of ones own dignity.

My father, Strong, at the age of 3.

Strong: possessing skills and qualities that create a likelihood of success.

But I am still 10-30-99-8:11.

It's a great shame to be my age and still unnumbered. My brother is 19 now and I am 16.

If I am named soon, I could still be classified as a young name.

Young name: persons named at a young age. Possess average intelligence

I've already surpassed the stage of elite. If I am not named by the time I am 18, I will be condemned as an unnamed.

Unnamed: persons who choose a name at an older age/ never choose a name. Posses below average skills and intelligence.

The unnamed are the outcasts. I can't be one of them.