Chapter nine (Jon)

Jon

When Jon had woken up, he checked around to make sure everything was okay.

He looked around and saw that everyone was still sleeping. Farther from where he was standing, he saw Ed and Dany laying together, wrapped in each other's arms. Jon smiled to himself.

Dany had been the first person Jon had found after he escaped his city. She was loud and very opinionated, but Jon got used to it. She was friendly once you got used to her. She was staying with Rutchnik Rostum tribe when Jon found her.They were cruel and treated Dany very badly. He had helped her escape and once they were out, she had nowhere to go so she followed him.

They had travelled north, not for any reason, but because there was nothing else to do. On the way, they picked up other nameless people who had escaped from their cities. Strangely, Dany was the only nameless girl Jon knew (besides Ten). He determined that the nameless population was made up dominantly of males and that it was rare for a female to be nameless.

Ed joined their group a little later. He was rough and spoke crudely. He and Dany instantly hated each other. They were constantly fighting and Jon had to come between them to keep them from killing each other. One night, Jon was out walking when he stumbled upon Dany and Ed in an intense make out session against a tree.

They had both pulled away when they saw Jon. Dany blushed but Ed smiled triumphantly. Ever since then, the two had declared their love for each other and became an inseparable couple.

Jon walked over to where Ten was sleeping. She was curled up in a ball, resting her head on his jacket. She had silver almost blue hair and her skin was a pale, glowing color. Her lips were curled into a small smile, like she was having a good dream.

When he first heard about a nameless girl in the Alfesi Rostum tribe, he was curious to meet her. The whole group was excited about meeting a female nameless and Jon had instructed Ed and Dany to get her from the Alfesi Rostum tribe as quickly as they could.

Once they had brought her back, Jon told her to name herself. She had hesitated at first, like they all did.

Eventually she settled on the name Ten. It wasn't what he expected, but it was her name.

She was always asking questions and Jon tried his best to answer them. He had told her about the different cities and the Rostum tribes surrounding the fence that surrounded the city. she had taken it as a shock, like everyone did, but then she responded by asking more questions. Jon decided to wait until the morning to tell her anything more because there was a lot more i information he needed to tell her.

Jon walked over to the spot where they hid their squirrels and found that it was empty. Jon  pivoted on his heels and began walking back to the middle of the camp where the fire had been.

"Get up!" He shouted. A few boys sat up and rubbed their eyes, looking at Jon with their sleepy eyes. "I said GET UP!" He yelled again. The rest of the the group sat up. Everyone was awake now and staring at Jon.

"What's going on?" Ten asked. She stared at him with her hazel eyes and he softened a bit.

"Someone has taken the squirrels. I want a confession right now. If you admit it was you right now, I'll let you slide and all you'll have to do is kill some more squirrels."

"But i didn't see a fire last night," Dany said "and there isn't a sign of one."

"They ate them raw?" Ten asked.

"I don't care how they ate them, just tell me who it was." No one said anything and Jon began to yell. "TELL ME NOW! I WILL NOT ACCEPT STEALING"

The group was still silent. Jon began pacing around. "Okay. I trust you all and I believe that if one of you had stolen the squirrels, you would confess. I'm going to assume that they just disappeared and we can all forget about this. But I can assure you, next time this happens, I will not forget."