chapter 14

"Thank you for bringing me home," I blew a kiss to Kota, my head ducked inside the car, a smile on my face. It was Sunday evening, and the entire weekend had been so fantastic that I was still floating on cloud nine. I was slightly reluctant to return to my chaotic life, but I knew that it had to be done. After all, the good moments in life wouldn't have any meaning unless there was bad moments to even it out.

"Goodnight, Sang," Kota called to me, a slight smile on his face.

"Bye, Peanut!" I heard Nathan call from the backseat. I giggled and leant even farther into the car to wave bye to him.

Even though I wanted nothing more than to hover around them and make as many great memories as possible, I knew that if I wasn't up in the apartment within the next ten minutes, Knox was probably going to throw a bitch fit. I snorted slightly and thought to myself, he is a little bitch. I shook off my potentially offensive thoughts and shut Kota's car door before hurrying inside.

I wish I would have stayed in the parking lot.

The moment I walked into the apartment, my world shattered for what felt like the thousandth time.

"What the fuck is he doing here?"

"Sang!" Zain shot up off the couch, a hopeful look on his face. I threw out a hand, warning him to stay back. His face crumpled at the gesture and he had the audacity to look heartbroken. "Did Knox not tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I barked out, balling my fists up. I had the urge to pummel and hit him, but the only time we hit each other was when we were fighting and he had hadn't given me a reason to fight with him yet. A small part of me hoped that he would just so I could throw hits. "What is going on right now?"

"Sang, I'm glad that you're home!" Knox exclaimed, walking into the living room by Zain and I. His eyes immediately widened when he saw the expression on me and Zain's faces. His own face crumpled, obviously not expecting to have to explain himself so soon. "I can explain..."

Without thinking or pausing to let him speak, I threw my keys at my favorite brother, delighted when they hit him square in the chest. He winced slightly, the pink brass knuckles kitty key chain probably having done some good damage when it connected with his body. He rubbed at his chest, his green eyes silently pleading with me.

"Please just take a moment to listen to me," he begged quietly, taking a step towards me. As if Knox moving closer gave him permission to do so as well, Zain stepped towards me. My reaction was similar to that of a feral animal; I pressed my back against the door, growling at Zain. His eyes widened and he fell back onto the couch, ducking his head down. He almost looked ashamed, but I had fell for that act too mine times to believe it this time.

"Why is he here?" I demanded, my voice straining from the way I was straining my throat and vocal chords. I coughed, tears welling up in my eyes from frustration and the pain that seared my throat momentarily. Both of my older brothers lunged for me, but I shot them withering glares that had them backing up. They should have known better than to get close when I was upset.

"I told him I would help him while he got sober," Knox admitted, his voice quiet. "I told him he could stay with me. I also thought that if you two would stay together in the apartment with me, it could help heal your relationship."

"Fuck that!" I exclaimed, my voice quite obviously scratchy now. I coughed again, aware that I should stop yelling, but it was hard not to. Anger washed over me; anger towards my brothers and anger towards my mother, as well, robbing my right to having a voice. "We can never fix this. He's ruined it too much. We will never go back to what we used to be. Never. How dare you just bring him here without warning me? Especially after you've known what he's done to me. No. I'm sorry. I cannot forgive Zain yet."