chapter 18

I walked into the diner in progress with a big smile on my face, strolling into the very back where I knew the boys would be working. I smirked, and leaned against the door frame, tilting my head as I observed the shirtless boys before me. I could stand there and observe them all day, but I knew that the others would get restless if I took too long to return to Nathan's house. Ever since it had been decided to give a poly relationship an attempt, they had gotten even more territorial and clingy if possible. It amused me greatly, but also made my heart warm.

"Hey, boys," I called out, grinning at the way all of them jumped, turning to face me with shocked expressions. Their faces quickly morphed into expressions of joy at the sight of me, and I smiled, glad that I could bring them some happiness. "I've come to collect you for dinner by request of Kota. And myself, as well. I missed you."

I had barely blinked, yet somehow, Silas had made his way across the room and wrapped me up in his big arms. I squeaked slightly, from surprise and also from the fact that he was kind of sweaty. I hugged him back anyways, his sweat not a big enough deterrent to keep me from wanting a Silas hug. He lifted me off my feet, his arm coming beneath my butt, holding me up. I giggled, clinging to him, happy to be back in his presence after he had been working nearly all day.

"Hey," I heard North from behind him. "Let her go. I want a hug too and if we don't get back soon, they'll send out a search party. You know how Kota is with her."

"I'm sorry," Gabriel snorted, coming up behind Silas as well, as if waiting for a turn to hug me. "Did you mean, how fucking all of us is with her?"

I giggled and gently shoved at Silas's chest, and he reluctantly released me, setting me back down on my feet. I gave a quick round of hugs to North, Gabriel, and Luke who were rather appreciative of it. I could have stood around hugging them all day, but I was kind of hungry, and North was right. If we took too long, there would be a search party for me. It had happened before, and it was bound to happen to again knowing them.

I led the group of boys down the road to Nathan's house. I had almost started calling it my home, but I was hesitant, because even though I hadn't informed the boys yet, I'd come to an agreement with Knox that I would return to the house within the next couple of weeks. I wasn't sure how to bring it up to them, fearful of the way they would react. I knew they hated the majority of my family, and I also knew they would pretty much do everything in their power to stop me from returning to underneath that roof. There was nothing any of us could really do though. I was underage, and so were most of them.

If Axel and the others caught word of it, I would have a riot coming from them as well. I was fearful that in their case, Raven might kidnap me in order to keep me from going back. I hated the idea as much as them, but there was really nothing they could do, well, I mean, besides kidnapping. Though, the press would have a hell of a field day if I got "kidnapped" and it would only make my Momster happier so I wasn't so inclined towards that idea.

"Earth to Sang," Gabriel called to me, and I jolted slightly, realizing that we were now standing in Nathan's driveway. All four of the boys were staring at me, their looks varying from concerned to curious. I blushed, realizing that I must have pulled a Luke and spaced out.

"Sorry," I mumbled, ducking my head down, feeling rather embarrassed about the entire event. "Just got caught up in some thoughts. Let's get inside."

Before anyone could question me, I slid inside and went straight for the kitchen where I had the cover and protection of the other boys. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Sean had joined us, and I wracked my brain for a moment, trying to remember if his car was in the driveway. I came up short and decided that my brain must not have caught it in it's foggy daze.