Prologue

I grabbed an apple off the counter and walked towards the couch to watch the first game of the video game tournament.
    'Sol!' Cristiano patted the seat next to him and I gladly threw myself onto the couch. I went for a run and was exhausted, but the guys insisted having a video game tournament so I couldn't miss it. I was Cristiano's little cousin, I was from New York but my dream was to live in Madrid and so I did. I lived a block from Cris and he insisted I come over. I practically have my own room with clothes and everything in his house. I was friends with all the guys on Real Madrid, some closer than others obviously, and they seemed to love me.
     'Sol play me!' Marcelo smiled handing me the remote and I gave in. I lost by one but it was bound to happen because I was tired.
     'Did you invite the new kid?' I smiled at them radiantly but they just looked down awkwardly.
     'Well uh Ramos and Lucas couldn't come and they were the ones who knew him so we didn't.' Cris sighed making me irritated. Asensio was the new kid on Real and I called him kid even thought he was two years older than me. He was signed recently but after the first two trainings the boys didn't seem to welcome him with open arms and it bothered me. He seemed so kind and the guys were really shutting him out for no reason.
      'Well then, i'm going to have dinner at my house and i'm inviting everyone, I expect someone with his number to invite him and he better show up.' I said giving them a glare walking out and planning the dinner in my head. As I finished setting the table and the living area, the food came and I had ordered some traditional Spanish food to make everyone feel at home, or their home for their club at least. I gave myself one last look in mirror before putting all the dishes out, it was seven. They would arrive any minute. I put on light music because I always loved music and it set a nice mood. The first to arrive were Cris, Sergio, Lucas, and Marcelo. I interrogated them and they confirmed that they invited Marco, and I was content. Everyone was here except Marco and I was starting to doubt the guys until the bell rang. They already started sitting down to eat so I went alone to the door.
      'Um Ola I brought wine.' He smiled making my heart melt a little. He was so sweet.
      'Thank you, come in.' I smiled and he walked in waiting for me to show him to the table. Once everyone was sat down we began to eat and chat and I noticed only one person was talking to Marco and it was sporadic so I made my move. These guys literally need me to have fun and spice in their life so they do, most of the time, as I say.
     'Marco, are you excited to be back in Madrid?' I smiled from a few seats away and he smiled back.
     'Yes actually. I love this team with all my heart and soul.' He said and the guys nodded in agreement. This set off a conversation between all of them about past clubs and past teams and I sat eating in content. After dinner some guys needed to head home but Lucas, Marco, Isco, Marcelo, and Cris stayed back. We were sitting around the living room in couches talking about soccer, politics, shows, workouts, and personal stuff.
     'So Marco any special girl?' Cris wriggled his eyebrows causing the guys to snicker like children.
     'Nope not right now at least. I focus on my career first and if the girl of my dreams happens to come into my life then great.' He smiled and everyone nodded in agreement.
     'What about you Sol? All you do is hang around us sweaty boys.' Lucas chuckled.
    'Nothing in that department recently. Just working on my volleyball, sports articles, you guys know the deal.' Sol said being cut off.
    'No toys no boys.' The four familiar boys recited making her laugh and Marco was just confused.
    'Okay that sounds bad but it means, toys as in money, cars etc, like i'll only focus on boys when i'm successful.' She laughed and he understood.
    'Anyways, it's getting late I better head home.' Marco sighed making Sol a bit sad, she appreciated his company. She was excited to see how great of friends he would be with the rest of the guys and her.
    ' I'll walk you out.' Sol smiled getting up with him as the guys bid him goodbye. As they reached the door he turned to face Sol.
   'Thanks for that Sol. You're younger than me but so mature honestly. I owe you one honestly.' He smiled and she just laughed a bit.
    'No need, I do things out of kindness, plus I like you. I think the guys need a burst of young around here.' She smiled hugging him goodbye and watching him walk away from the house and to the car. When she went back in the living room all the guys were staring at her.
    'What losers?' She said putting her cup down.
    'He likes you.' Cris said flatly leaving room for the guys to make kissy noises and such.
    'You boys are children, he's just a nice guy. I think he'll be good for the team.' I smiled back at them shoving the idea of Marco liking me to the far back of my head.
    'You know what? Me too, I like him.' Marcelo smiled and I was satisfied.
    It had been about two weeks since the dinner and La Liga had begun again, but I noticed that Marco wasn't getting much play time along with James who was a great friend of mine and it hurt me. I was going to almost every game but work was swamping me recently so I missed the last two matches but I watched them from my phone. James scored against Barcelona, and Marco got play time so I was content. They had a game today but I had to stay at the office. I was watching when Asensio was subbed in and he was glowing. I watched intensely and he scored making me erupt in cheers and everyone around me looked uncomfortable. I apologized quietly and noticed it was time for me to go so I packed my things and got in my car. I drove to the stadium and waited for the boys where they usually came out. Once I saw them I ran to celebrate and they screamed and hugged and danced in the parking lot for a good ten minutes.
     'Great goal!' I gave Marco a big hug and he thanked me like ten times before heading to his car but the other guys kept celebrating not noticing.
     'Wait, hey!' I shouted and he turned around.
     'What's up?' He smiled.
     'Why are you leaving so fast? The guys usually go out for drinks for like an hour after wins.' I explained and he just nodded his head.
     'I don't know.' He scratched the back of his neck. He was acting weird and the boys were welcoming of him now so I didn't know why he was hesitant.
     'Why not it'll be fun!' I smiled trying to pull him to the guys.
     'Uh Sol, just leave it.' James smiled at us both and Marco dropped his head a bit. I was so confused but I let it go.
     La Liga was in its tenth week already and I saw less and less of Marco each day and that sucked. I felt like I was developing feelings but I only told one person, that being Cris. I told him that I started falling for Marco's smile and soon after I realized I had something there. He told me it wasn't a good idea to pursue Marco but I didn't understand why. He was always putting his arm around me, hugging me, and hanging out some times. 
     I decided to head to his place that i've been too a few times. I texted Cris letting him know just incase anything and plopped in the car.
    'Cris what?' I said into the car as bluetooth connected. He called me right after the text delivered.
    'Why not come to my house for a video game tournament?' He said and I heard some boys cheer in the back.
    'Is Marco there?' I asked and the like went silent.
     'Um no.'
     'You guys didn't invite him again?' I said annoyed and Cris just sighed.
     'We did but.' He started but I cut him off.
     'But nothing, i'm gonna go to his house and see what's up. Ate ja!' I said as I continued to drive. Once I pulled up I walked to the door. I was excited to see Marco and hang out, and possibly more.
    'Ola.' A petite girl smiled in front of me.
    'Ola, Marco?' I said patiently still smiling.
    'Why?' She said confused but in a non rude way.
    'Just passing by to say hi, and if he wanted to go to the guys video game tournament.' I smiled back at her and she smiled again nodding in understanding.
    'Oh yeah he was going to go but we made plans.' She sighed as a figure approached from behind her and I pieced everything together. She was his girlfriend and I guess this was a new development because of his weird behavior.
    'Sol.' Marco said hesitantly before standing next to the other girl.
    'Im his girlfriend Angie.' She smiled shaking my hand and I shook hers. I said bye and left. I drove and drove until I was lost. I didn't understand why my feelings were suddenly so strong for him and why I was upset. I was in denial and I knew that and it was tearing me apart.