Chapter.Four

Colby's POV

I wake up to one text and two missed calls on my phone.  I listen to the voicemails first.  It was from Ted, the producer.

"Hello Mr. Brock, this is Ted.  Your manager, Elise gave me your number to call.  I just wanted to let you know that even after your outburst yesterday, you should still call me if you want this part.  I think you'd make a great Mark in this movie.  Anyways, call me back."

I snort.  Never in my wildest dreams.

I listen to the second one soon after.

"Cole Robert Brock!  I demand that you pick up your phone and-"  I end the voicemail.  

After three years, my birth giver still thinks its a good idea to try to reconnect with me.  Dropped that, no thank you.

I check the text.  It was from Sam.

Sam: I lied, im in the hospital. I'll be staying here for the night. Good luck on your flight tomorrow.

My heart drops.

Mr. Brock:  what happened?  oh no.  

Sam:  It's just a check up.

Mr. Brock:  checkups don't last overnight, Sam.

Sam:  I have a kidney disease.  sorry i didn't tell you.  will you still go on that date with me?

Mr. Brock:  what do you think?

____________________________________________

SOOOO

Sorry. 

It's 

Short

A

F.

But listen.  From now on, I'm only going to be doing short chapters because i have so many stories.  unless you guys want me to continue writing longer chapters.  This way, i can write MORE chapters, but they'll all be shorter.

I'm sorry, but yeah.