10

Curry

Mika's POV

I slowly open my eyes. What time is it? I turn around and see Yuu-chan cuddled to my side. I smile.

"Darling? Are you up?" I ask softly. He shifts and then his eyes slowly open. I brush the hair out of his eyes and smile at him. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't mean to wake you up."

Yuu-chan shuffles and then blinks up at me. His eyes widen a bit. I kiss his forehead and he flinches, causing me to frown.

"Is there something wrong?"

"M-Monster." He stutters. I sigh.

"Alright, well I think it's dinnertime so how about we go to a restaurant in the castle?" Yuu-chan turns away.

"No."

"But don't humans need food?" I ask, confused.

"Leave me alone."

"But Yuu-cha-"

"Don't call me that!" He cries. I reach out to him but he flinches away.

"Would if I made you something?"

"N-No."

"Bought you something?"

"No."

"So you just want to starve?"

Silence.

"Yuu-chan, c'mon."

"I said don't call me that." I sigh.

"Listen, I understand you don't want to be here, and I understand you hate me, but please. Don't punish yourself by not eating."

"Leave me alone." I scoop him up. "Put me down!"

"Nope. I'm taking you to the kitchen so I can make you something good to eat. Something you love. And you're going to eat it, or else." He squirms in my grip, punching and kicking. But I carry on until we reach the kitchen that we were in this morning.

I set him down on one of the stools at the bar table and start cooking. I know just what to make him! It's his favourite.

"I won't eat what you make." Yuu-chan says, crossing his arms and looking away. He's trying to act tough, which I think is cute, but a tear trickles down his cheek and ruins the tough act. I give him a comforting smile.

"When you see it you'll want to eat it." I say with a wink. He glares at me, his eyes burning with hatred. I have to look away because it hurts too much.

After a while, I finally finish what I'm making. Aha! It looks good, if I do say so myself.

"Yuu-chan! Dinner's ready!" I set one plate in front of him and one in front of me.

"I won't ea-" He freezes. "C-Curry?" He stutters. I smile innocently.

"You were saying?" Yuu-chan turns away and sniffles.

"I-I still won't eat it." I pout.

"Oh c'mon, it's your favourite. Don't let good curry go to waste."

"You eat it then. There's probably a drug in it anyways." I sigh.

"First of all, there's no drugs in anything. Second, I don't prefer human food. I'm only eating some because it's your favourite dish." Yuu-chan looks away.