Chapter - 11

I could hear people talking, but it was all dark, 'your eyes are closed, you idiot' A voice said. I opened my eyes, looking around still fully awake. I rubbed my eyes, yawing, in attempt to rub the sleepiness away. I looked around realizing something that it was now night. 'wow, how can you come up with something like that' the voice again. ' damn, even my head is more sassy than me'.

I glared at the jerk that make me sleep in the first place, who just returned an innocent smile, which will not save him from any trouble, he's gonna got it from me soon.... Very soon. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been feeling this pathetic right now. Naps are cool, it's good for health too but naps which turn into slumber it makes you feel even worse than you were feeling before sleeping. Why? I don't know. I hate this feeling. I look around and gave my brother, who just came and sat down beside me, a smile which said 'I'm fine'.
"Seems like Americans had a little misfortune of their own" Rick said sitting down beside me.

"Three of their diggers were....melted" he continued throwing an arm around my shoulder. "What....How?!" Jon and Evy gasped.

"Salt Acid. Pressurized Salt Acid. Must be some sort of Ancient Egyptian booby trap" I said making face and my kind brain decided to give me an insight of what would have been the visual after the event.

"Maybe this place really is cursed" A gust of wind blew past us. My heart skipped a beat, this place has never been my kind of vibe. "Oh for goodness sake you four.." I cut her off "Five" I chimed. "You don't believe in curses?" Rick asked. "No. i believe if i can see it and touch it, then it must be real" Evy stated. "Well i believe in being prepared" Big brother said loading his gun. Evan and Adam voiced their agreement with my brother. I signed.

"Let's see what old warden believed in" Jon went digging through the dead warden's back and yelping causing everyone to jump and Evan who is quick in reflex pulled out his gun ready to shoot. "What is it?" Evy asked, Jon pulled out a bottle of wine but Evan didn't put back the gun, moreover Adam and Rick took out their guns as well. Before i could question i heard it, neighing of horses, we were being attacked. My lovely brother told us to stay where we are before going to fight which, unfortunate for him, no one listened. Evy went after them, Jon following her, leaving me there.....alone.

Which wasn't for long as i ran after them while pulling the veil which i was given along with my dress,not wanting to get hurt or be left alone. The men who were attacking us seemed to be avoiding me or i was doing an excellent job at avoiding them that it made me seem that they were avoiding me, which doesn't even make sense but i was not in my senses right now, was i? I kept avoiding and running trying to find a familiar face in the whole, what now seem to be turned into a battle field.

I finally found my big brother, the man he was fighting knocked his gun out of his hand with his sword which resulted with my brother being defenseless, i ran towards him and stood between them, in front of my brother. My brother pulled me to him, i was facing him, my veil was pulled as my brother took out a dynamite stick, lighting it up from the nearby fire.

"Enough! Yallah!" The guy shouted/commanded. I turned around to face the guy, i noticed everyone has stopped, no one was moving, everyone's attention was towards the man or on my brother's hand which held the dynamite who's fuse was getting shorter. "There shall be no more blood shed tonight, leave this place! leave this place or die" The guy said getting on his horse. Our eyes made contact just before he was about to ride off with his companions, both of us paused, just gazing into each other's eyes. He broke the contact and rode of with his companions, my eyes following his figure till i couldn't see him or hear him riding away.

I just stood there dazed as my brother, took out the fuse before it would burst, looking at the direction he went. I took a deep breath, not believing what just happened. Unknown to me a blush and a smile had made its was to my face, i looked down to the sand, took another deep breath just to make sure this is not a dream and is truly happening.

We met again. Not in the most ideal way but we finally did after years.

I looked up back into the direction he rode away, thinking just one thing..

'You recognized me, didn't you......Ardeth?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:- Sorry for the late update, I'll try to update more frequently.

Vote, Comment and Share

Cupcakes and noddles <3

Unwritten_Angel