Chapter - 25

At the time of their departure from Hamunaptra, in their relief, they soon seem to notice the time as well as fact that they won't be able to make it to a place, safe to rest, in time. So, Jasmine, on Rick's question, suggested they stop by the tribe, that was nearby. Which happened to be where Ardeth's tribe was currently set up.

The sun was now setting, with the daylight, they had left they tried to cover the distance. Jasmine could see Ardeth's tribe that was on some distance from the tribe they had stopped in, on their way to Hamunaptra.

Jasmine was sure that Ardeth would be busy with reporting the event to the elders and other important personnel. Everyone was given a place to stay, Jasmine's tent being the furthest from the lot, despite Rick's protest, he, in the end, agreed to let her stay away from understanding that she would need some time alone before she would tell him everything. This trip of theirs has shown the siblings a totally different side of each other. Jasmine's capability to take care of herself, being able to protect herself and others while Rick has shown a less reckless and more logical side of his. Evie and Rick decided to stay together, to which, Jonathan had expressed his discomfort.

Jasmine was easily recognized and pampered by everyone as all of them were very fond of Ardeth, the chieftain of the medjai. While interacting with Jasmine, they seem to be very pleased with the bride chosen by the old chieftain. Jasmine was especially liked by the children as she was telling them stories of old and new and everything they would want to hear about, too. The kids had not left her for a minute, not until Jamila shooed them away.

Just like the last time, she gave Jasmine a bath, but this time, Jasmine felt more comfortable in her presence as she continued to rub the scented oils into her scalp and body, talking about random things like their life, what they enjoy, small stories of their pasts and soon Jasmine was ready in fresh and clean clothes.

This time they have given her a similar dress like last time, just this time it was creme in colour with simple patterns made on it with the same colour. With the same colour scarf around her head with a silver headdress around her head and adding a few other pieces of jewellery, giving a glance from top to bottom before giving a nod of approval and shooing Jasmine out of the tent to enjoy the evening.

The evening in the tribe was no less than a festival, there were people dancing, sharing meat and drinks and kids running around playing. Jasmine who has never been much of a social person felt out of her element, to say she was clueless and nervous would have been an understatement. She saw kids running hiding something in a sack towards the far end of the tribe's camp near her tent and followed them. The kids were playing pretend fight using wooden swords they took out of the sack. They were pretending to be the medjai with their scarfs covering their face. Jasmine continued to watch this from a distance without making her presence known to them.

After some time one of the kid lost his balance but before he would fall, she rushed to catch him. "You should be more careful. When you're in a real fight, you have to make sure to be aware of your surrounding as well."

One moment she was telling them about it and the next she was training them with the wooden sword, teaching them the correct way to hold it, starting with self-defence. Slowly demonstrating them each and every moment, adding small advice to help them. She smiled to herself and continued to teach the children with her smile concealed to herself with her lower face hidden.

~*****~

Ardeth as soon as he arrived was rushed with works from informing the elders of the event that occurred to make a detailed report on it. He had a lot of work which needed his attention but even with his players full, his mind kept thinking of Jasmine, he tried to finish all his work sooner so he might be able to leave, to maybe meet them halfway but then he realized his mistake, they won't make it in time to a safe place, they don't have enough daylight to do so.