FIVE

ALISON DILAURENTIS WALKED into her apartment, her hands shaking with rage.

Or maybe rage wasn't the right word? She couldn't put her finger on what she was feeling. She didn't hate Mona, she just didn't want to tolerate her longer than she needed to.

She looked around, waiting for either Emily or Mona to appear. But the apartment was dark, and no one seemed to be awake. She sighed, plopping down on the couch. She figured she would have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Emily about their guest.

Just as Alison started to relax, she heard the sound of a crash, and a large object flew past her head. Her mouth parted in surprise, and she reached for the object that had almost caused her a head injury. A rock. Someone had just thrown a motherfucking rock at her head. Alison turned to the direction of the window, sinking into the couch. Though she realized that the person had probably seen her, she didn't want them to know she was still there. But this message didn't reach her mouth. Before Alison could stop it, a scream escaped her throat, loud and piercing. If Mona and Emily weren't up, they were now.

"Shit! Alison, are you okay?"

Emily came running out of their shared room quickly, Mona taking her time getting to Alison behind her. Alison nodded her head, pointing silently at the window, and then the rock.

"Oh my god, what the hell?"

Emily ran to the rock and picked it up, reading the note sprawled messily on it. "Stop protecting her." Emily was shocked, mostly because she didn't know who the 'her' was referring to. Mona? Hana? Alison?

All she knew was that someone had just broken her damn window, and almost killed her girlfriend. So, she turned to Mona, hands on her hips like a disappointed parent.

"Are you the reason for this?"

Mona swallowed hard, fear painted on her face. She knew she wasn't scared of Emily, in fact the answer was probably yes, but she said nothing. She just widened her eyes, her mouth falling into an O. "I...."

Alison stood up, now turning bright red. "Mona, why the hell are you here? And now I almost die because of it?" Emily stood behind her girlfriend, nodding her head in agreement, muttering a 'yeah'.

Alison turned around, scoffing at Emily. "Please, don't try to agree with me. You're the reason she's here!"

And then the blonde stormed off. Emily knew exactly where she was going. Angry pee. Alison made sure to slam the bathroom door behind her, announcing her anger as if she hadn't already.

"I'm going to go to bed."

Mona looked at the rock once more, examining Emily's shocked expression, and then walked down the hall to her room.

She smiled to herself.

She would get what was hers.

———————————

I know this chapter is short, but I promise, stick around and this will get better. I'm really excited for this book.

Much love,

K