Chapter Forty-Five: We Need To Talk

Chapter Forty-Five: "We Need To Talk."

HE FEELS the same? As in, he likes me too?

"You. . . do? You do?" I ask, breathless.

"I do." He smiles, then laughs. "I like you, Blue. I like you a lot."

He doesn't hesitate in connecting our lips once again before wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up, placing me on my countertop and situating himself in between my legs. His hands rest lowly on the small of my back while my hands entangle in his hair, pulling at it.

He puts everything he has into this kiss, everything that's been bottled up, everything I don't know, everything he wants me to know; I feel it. Right through his lips. It sends tingles down my skin wherever he touches and makes my belly go nuts in butterflies. My whole body is focused on him, like he's the only thing that matters, like we're the only ones here.

I let out a soft moan when he bites my lip before opening my mouth to him to allow him to deepen the kiss. Landon's hands start roaming, trailing up and down my spine before hoisting me up by my bum and wrapping my legs around his stiff frame. My arms squeeze around his neck at the sudden move, pulling us closer together where our bodies are pressed up fully against the others.

I'm dropped onto a hard surface, and it takes me a few moments to realize he walked to the bed. The sudden disconnection has my body go cold, missing his, but I don't even have time to miss it too much before his lips are back on mine again.

Landon begins peppering kisses from my mouth all the way down to my collarbone, kissing it before making his way back up again. He teases up under my jaw, where he starts nibbling and licking, and I close my eyes, biting my lip hard to prevent any sounds from escaping. I gasp when he finds my sweet spot and latches onto it, and I can't help myself when a breathy moan escapes my throat.

"Landon. . ." I groan out as he continues playing with my neck and throat with his tongue. He grunts in response, moving his way to my front. "We should stop. . . before they suspect anything."

"They won't." He says huskily.

"But the par. . . party. They need our help." I protest, running my fingers over his face to stop him. As much as I'd love to continue, we should probably wait until the party's in full swing to do this again without being looked for. "We've been gone awhile." I say softly. "We can continue later."

His eyes are clouded with lust and desire and I can't help but feel slightly bad for ruining the fun. "You're right." He whispers, rolling off of me and sighing. "I hate this party already."

"You'll be fine." I say, rolling my eyes.

I chuckle when he buries his face in my neck and groans. "No, I won't! I was having fun."

"Me too." I giggle. "Now, you should go get ready and I'll meet you downstairs."

He pulls back, puts a hard, deep kiss on my mouth, and very reluctantly pulls away completely before winking at me and heading downstairs.

I'm left breathless as I still lay in bed. My lips are swollen and tingly, and I can't help but smile because that kiss. . . was a pretty damn good kiss and is most definitely the best kiss I've ever had.

And I can't help but smile even wider because he's mine. Landon McGibbon is mine.

After I fix my makeup once again to hide the smudged lipstick, I make my way back downstairs to where the seven of them have already placed up a vast majority of the party stuff.

"There you are!" Maya exclaims, a smirk in her voice. "God, you were up there forever! What took you so long?"

I glance over at the boys, one in specific who eyes me up and winks flirtatiously at me. I direct my gaze back to the girl who's looking at me expectantly. "I uh, had to fix my make out–I-I mean, makeup!"